winds take away the road

ratz

Feb 17, 2011
Went out scouting Saturday, and as you may remember, we had strong winds. I went out on a fire road, and got to the end ( darn gates), turned around, and headed back. when I came around the corner, the road disappeared.
Upon closer inspection, my confusion was cleared up, a tree had fallen across the road.
The first thought that came to mind was that someone cut it down, because they were unhappy with me being there....
I got off the bike, and walked a full 360deg. around the downed tree, and found that it wasn't cut. i also found this was not going to be easy to get around, as the roadside was burmed up, and I was going to have to roll through some thicket, and over branches. I made it, but thought, " it may be a while before the forestry dept gets to this, as they may be a casualty of the fed shut down.

The next thing that occurred to me is that I had had almost scouted this trail with my truck, and I might still be there.
enjoy:
photo.jpg

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it......................................................

Cool story and looks like a good area around that tree line.

On that same stretch of road, on the way in, I stopped to fix my helmet, and a doe stepped out in front of me , about 150' away, looked at my and went on her way.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu