Wisconsin Hunting

MrBamboo

Nov 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Went to Wisconsin for their 5-day Gun Deer Season. Had a blast with sitting in a tree stand or "Coffin" (converted Outhouse). I don't understand why California is so against wooden tree stands. When I took a bow-hunter safety class several years ago they called them Death Traps and were going to be "Illegal" to use.

There were many deer wandering around the woods, (On my cousins property), but very few bucks. But for the $80 bucks for the tag (got a 50% discount for the first time you hunt Wisconsin), It was worth it even though I didn't see any bucks, but many does.

Here are some photos of the blinds / stands and one from the stand.

.20171022_142301.jpg20171022_143333.jpgIMG_0233.JPG

20171022_142301.jpg 20171022_143333.jpg IMG_0233.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Wisconsin for their 5-day Gun Deer Season. Had a blast with sitting in a tree stand or "Coffin" (converted Outhouse). I don't understand why California is so against wooden tree stands. When I took a bow-hunter safety class several years ago they called them Death Traps and were going to be "Illegal" to use.

There were many deer wandering around the woods, (On my cousins property), but very few bucks. But for the $80 bucks for the tag (got a 50% discount for the first time you hunt Wisconsin), It was worth it even though I didn't see any bucks, but many does.

Here are some photos of the blinds / stands and one from the stand.

View attachment 37567 View attachment 37569 View attachment 37570
Awesome hunt.
These are fine on private land.
More comfortable, wind resistant,
Just wonderful I think.
Just not allowed n ca public land.
I want to make one on my property for
Hunting and looking at the stars and planets. Star gazing.
How can someone not like it.
LB

Last edited:
Mr. B,

Very cool pix.....Thanks for sharing.

ps.....I have seen a number of permanent blinds on public.....;)

.014.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu