Wish us luck!!!

It's too bad that your wife couldn't make it to a shooting location but at least your got some meat for the freezer. You still have time to get her out there before the season ends.

That Buck took a good picture of you guys! A little bit to the left! hahaha ....Very cool story, congratulations!

Papi

I had to tell my girl friend she's not alowed. Nice as I could I say babe that's my time not our time

Sdbirds said:
I had to tell my girl friend she's not alowed. Nice as I could I say babe that's my time not our time

HAH! I know everyone has different feelings on this. My wife and I get along VERY well even after 12 years of marriage and two kids. She has an interest in what makes me tick and I am honored that she has stuck her neck out there for me. It's not that common that you will find a women who is willing to crawl out of bed in the wee hours just to freeze their toes off all the while never seeing what we set out for. I think she has learned that nature is such an awesome gift that can only be appreciated while being in it... at least I hope that is what she has drawn from it! LOL

My children both wore their boots to school today and will quite possibly get their first taste of hunting this weekend at the ripe ages of 4 & 6. My four year old son was so excited when I brought this deer home "we can have jerky, and deer, and steak and jerky"...they learn FAST! He always insists in looking into my truck bed when I get home from a hunt but this was the first time that he actually linked the deer with being food for the family...just awesome!

Mergrath said:
My four year old son was so excited when I brought this deer home "we can have jerky, and deer, and steak and jerky"...they learn FAST! He always insists in looking into my truck bed when I get home from a hunt but this was the first time that he actually linked the deer with being food for the family...just awesome!

Awesome thing to teach your kids, that food doesn't come from a lab. Was just talking about this with Breacher today.

Great story and pics! Congrats to the whole group.
Props to you for taking the Mrs. and props to her for showing an interest in something you obviously love to do.
You'll be talking about this when you're old and in your rocking chairs. Great memories!

Let us know how it goes with the kids!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu