Wister 1/13

jth

Nov 3, 2014
I never post here but I've been lurking for a while so I thought I'd post a report. A group of three of us hunted wister today. We tried a new area and encountered the usual wister bs, shooting 7 minutes before shoot time, sky busting like no ones business, etc. The mud wasn't too bad on the roads but navigating the dike was brutal, our decoy cart was basically useless. We weren't on the X in our pond so we had a hard time getting the birds to cooperate all while watching the few birds that were actually flying pile into the next blind over. We ended the day at 9:30 with 3 birds for 3 guys. We dumped every bird except for one that came into range so it was extremely slow for us to say the least. Even with all the nonsense we all still had a great time.

Better than being at my desk... do you generally stay at Wister longer? 10 am to 2 pm can be when lots of birds start coming back in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nicapopolis said:
Better than being at my desk... do you generally stay at Wister longer? 10 am to 2 pm can be when lots of birds start coming back in.

+1

jth.

Welcome to SCH......Wister definitely has it's moments with neighbors......But overall, a great place to hunt waterfowl.

nicapopolis said:

Typically we would but the birds really didn't want to be where we were. The guy in the X left around 830 so after that it was game over. But like you said it beats being at home or work.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu