Wister 12/1

Wisterholic

Nov 28, 2019
Ok so through the years I’ve been a pretty hard core Wister hunter. I hunt every weds and sat from Mid November til the end of January. Right now, Wister sucks. I have been hitting it hard for the last 3 weeks and yes there are some ducks but for the most part it’s dead. No geese, no ducks, it’s 80+ degrees baking on a levy and there are still mosquitos everywhere. My advice unfortunately right now is stay home. Just being honest. Of course some guys have good hunts but this is Nothing like what it used to be. It used to be Snows everywhere, Widgeon all over, shooting a limit was the norm. Now it’s tough, geese stay in the closed zones all day, no ducks flying, just not worth it anymore. I’m not going back until the numbers take a big jump and the mosquitos are dead.

Thanks for the update.

If you want to know why we are experiencing the weather problems and drought, it is man made. But, not they way they want you to believe. You and I are not causing this. It is an engineered plan by the same people destroying other parts of this country.

https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/

Reactions: dhntr48
It’s not just Socal.

littke dry creek had a weekend where ringys were either the #1 or 2 bird in the bag. AT LDC!

my hunts in the grasslands have been terrible so far. Days of zero shots included.
This is, BY FAR, the worst start of a season for me in my 58 years of hunting.

it will improve but it’s rough.

Enjoy your ability to get out in the marsh. Birds will come. Be patient and look to enjoy the freedom of being out

Good luck

I would agree, we got a odd push of ducks early but the bulk are not here. I'm taking this weekend off and I'll try it on the 10th again. Maybe that Nov full moon pulled a few down and we will have to wait for the next full. Who knows :(

With the long term weather outlook it is not looking good. We are up in Sac valley and our best days have been in the fog. The other days the birds are moving high and staying on their roost

Slow times. Unfortunately the high shooting behavior happens no matter how good it is. Especially the guys with snow boners. How they get one matters little to them.

Reactions: faciallyendowed
What was the average for Wister on 12/1? SoCalHunt didn't post it.. just Kern and SJ.
Wister puts out their kill sheet for Wed., Sat., and Sun. on Sunday night or Monday so the earliest you'll see Wednesday's count is Sunday night. If someone knows anyone down there maybe you'd want to mention it would be nice to get them the evening of or at least the day after each hunt day.

Wister puts out their kill sheet for Wed., Sat., and Sun. on Sunday night or Monday so the earliest you'll see Wednesday's count is Sunday night. If someone knows anyone down there maybe you'd want to mention it would be nice to get them the evening of or at least the day after each hunt day.
I prefer them coming out on Sunday or Monday. It discourages the count chasers from coming out on Saturdays

Reactions: Scal les

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu