Wister 12/27

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Got out with the boys yesterday and had a fun day. My nine year old who never stops talking loves duck hunting, he was on the calls all day long. He is surprisingly good I would love to take him to a calling class. Still not a ton of birds and you have to capitalize on every opportunity. Took 8 shots three of which hit a low flying snow at about 30-40 yards somehow that thing flew away I don’t think the #4s were enough. We went home with 1 GWT, 1 Gad, and 1 Wid. The boys are calling it one of their favorite hunts of all time. My 11 year old didn’t take a shot it was tough fast reaction hunting I was proud of him for being patient and still keeping a great attitude.

We drew #26 sat 1/6 but I will be in AZ. I can see waterfowl hunting becoming a big part of our huntings season. It is just a great time with the boys and dog. Can’t wait to get them out when a lot of birds are moving around.

Side note sky busters at wister are the worst. I watched guys shoot at snows 100 yards in the air all day long, way to educate the birds.

FC0A06FE-0889-49FB-AFB2-1553092D2CCF.jpeg
11B4B4B8-13DB-4717-B07E-F7B9E1852590.jpeg
A25B4DF3-7D4E-4A33-88A7-7C4BEDCDCE70.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome!

Skybusters are everywhere. The best is when someone is in an X spot and they still skybust. Probably just need to hide with no decoys and no calls and they would be better off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2dogs1name
We had a good hunt too, late be getting my boys out as well (4 and 6) sorry to anyone in earshot of my boys on the whistles! It was painful that close but then again I am deaf.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu