Wister Off Season?

Duck Stew

Oct 21, 2019
Has anyone been put in place to manage the unit permanently? I was also told there was going to be a round table meeting after the season with a few select hunters and management to discuss off season projects to better the unit for waterfowl and hunters? I do understand the Covid 19 lock down might have erased that plan. just curious.

Reactions: 2duckhunter4
New manager took over in December. Meeting went well. If you follow CWAs Facebook page they document the work they're doing. Not sure what the staff has done so far but the rain they've received will for sure cause delays. They had a solid list and a crew that wants to make improvements.

I was at the meeting as was Jeff (Mud Pigeon)….DFW management did NOT show up, we did have a teleconference call with Scott Sewell and Richard Kim...A lot was discussed and what realistically could be accomplished before next season...CWA like always, is doing ALL the heavy lifting.

The latest work is/was done in T-10, S20, and S22...There is a work party this Saturday.

PLEASE SUPPORT CWA

The latest work is/was done in T-10, S20, and S22...There is a work party this Saturday.

PLEASE SUPPORT CWA
[/QUOTE]

What time do we need to be there ? What can we bring to help?

VERY NICE!! TNX FER DAH UPDATE! So good to hear that someone is actually doing something. I been huntin wister since i was 5. Im 53 now and was and still am worried about our hunting heritage. Tnx for caring and keep up the good work.
MAC

The areas that were burnt right after season, W11A and 513B unfortunately were rained upon by another inch of water after burning which gave the tulies what they needed to sprout back up. Hopefully, with no more rain they will die back. The parking lot has been graded and silt removed. Gravel has been put in place. June 13th there will be a gathering at the Season Long Campground. If you would like to come out bring a BFH (Big F&^%ng Hammer) and join us in the fun. Afterwards we will stroll along the beautiful dikes for some shell hunting. They mowed in Y15A and the 514's

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a lot of good projects being completed. Definitely a huge improvement, it was in pretty rough shape last few seasons. Im really looking forward to getting down there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Awesome work guys!!!!!!!! Having W11A back is huge, S's back and rebuilt T10 green fields. OMG thanks new wister management! Excited about getting out there again.

Reactions: 2duckhunter4
From CWA Facebook-

This week at Wister
Dirt work has been completed and final grade checks were wrapped up earlier this week! Water control structures and pipelines have been installed and tested. The parking lots within the T12 and S20/22 areas have all been graveled and ready for vehicle traffic. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife will be planting watergrass and millet in early August just in time for waterfowl season. The entire 434-acre restoration effort was funded by the Wildlife Conservation Board through a grant to California Waterfowl. The transformation of these public hunted areas will be on full display this fall!
Bring on the ducks!
Image may contain: one or more people, sky and outdoor
Image may contain: plant and outdoor
Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature
+2

From CWA Facebook-

This week at Wister
Dirt work has been completed and final grade checks were wrapped up earlier this week! Water control structures and pipelines have been installed and tested. The parking lots within the T12 and S20/22 areas have all been graveled and ready for vehicle traffic. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife will be planting watergrass and millet in early August just in time for waterfowl season. The entire 434-acre restoration effort was funded by the Wildlife Conservation Board through a grant to California Waterfowl. The transformation of these public hunted areas will be on full display this fall!
Bring on the ducks!
Image may contain: one or more people, sky and outdoor
Image may contain: plant and outdoor
Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature
+2
YEA X10 TNX X20 Get r done! Woohoo that gets my belly butterflies going.bout time. Like i said THANK YOU TIMES 20

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu