Wounded Warriors Idea

SoCalRebelHunter

Sworn to hunt, Loyal to none
Jan 22, 2012
East El Cajon
I was flipping through the latest publication from the NRA and ran across an ad for the Wounded Warriors Project and I had an idea and wanted to run it by you guys.

I think there's enough of us on here to raise the funds to send a wounded vet on a pig hunt at Doug's Wilderness Adventures. For all I know, we might even be able to persuade Doug to donate a hunt. But, seeing as though we're all big hearted model Americans, I figured we can get this ball rolling. Gun or bow, elevated or ground blind I think something could work.

I'm not exactly sure where to start, but perhaps contacting the WWP and going from there would work. Either way, I'm onboard with doing whatever I can and making the first donation to the fund. If you SoCal Hunting admins can put it together, let me know how I can help.

Its a great idea and I am sure we can work out something with Doug. I have two good connections to the WW Foundation so that end is not a problem either. We are working on some serious enhancements to the website right now as well as some products and the banquet so we have a lot on our plate. We would be more than happy to take this on after the banquet though.

Does that sound good. I can call Michelle and Doug to get them on board in the meantime.

NBK said:
Its a great idea and I am sure we can work out something with Doug. I have two good connections to the WW Foundation so that end is not a problem either. We are working on some serious enhancements to the website right now as well as some products and the banquet so we have a lot on our plate. We would be more than happy to take this on after the banquet though.

Does that sound good. I can call Michelle and Doug to get them on board in the meantime.

Perfect. Let me know what I can do to help in the meantime.

We have a lot going on so just keep my feet to the fire on this one.

Thanks

My wife and I would be more than willing to let some of our hero's do some turkey hunting on our property. Our current policy is if you are active duty you can hunt our land no charge. I've got a leatherneck and some of his friends that have been coming up over the past few years but it is starting to thin out as some are deploying and others have been discharged.

Here ya go Snake Charmer!

"Hi everyone. I am new to the site and new to california hunting. I am a bow hunter and as you can see from my username I am int the Marine Corps and am stationed on Camp Pendleton. My question for you is is where is the hunting at down here? Not looking for anyones honey holes or secret spot just some general info. Also does anyone know if military qualify for a resident tag and how do i go about getting my license and tag. Looking on the website it seems like its an application process for a deer tag. Any info would help. Thanks

Semper Fi,

Trevor Smith"

He posted the "little help" topic in the General Discussion

When thing's get off the ground count me in my wife and I will do what we can to help.

I will also ask MCC and see if they would be willing to donate a turkey hunt for this also. They donated turkey hunts to juniors so I don't think they would have any problems for WW.

Thanks SoCalRebel for throwing that out there. i dont want to be a thread stealer so snake charmer i will send you a pm. If you need anything from me about setting up his hunt i would be more than willing to help out being that i am In the Marines and could maybe go over to wwb and see if anyone would be interested.

The Wounded Warrior Program is strong and thriving in San Diego. There are regular shoots at the Lemon Grove Rod and Gun Club in Alpine (10 miles east of El Cajon). http://www.lemongrovegunclub.com/WWS2010.cfm In fact, there will be one Fri March 23. It’s a great place to start if you want to see what the program is all about. We are always looking for mentors if anyone wishes to contribute. If you guys are still looking for a Wounded Warrior contact Jerry M runs the event in Alpine and can hook you up. E-mail me for his #. Thanks

That's Great Mark...

We have just added a click thru link on the front page of the SCH website. Click on the American Flag (We Support our Troops) and it will take you straight to the "Wounded Warriors" foundation Website. :)

I'm on board with allowing wounded warriors to turkey hunt my ranch but I'll need everyone's help to organize the event as this is my busiest time of year and all I can do is offer my facilities and knowledge of the area.

p.s. so cal rebel hunter- I called you the other week and never heard back so get a hold of me and we'll talk'

Snake Charmer said:
I'm on board with allowing wounded warriors to turkey hunt my ranch but I'll need everyone's help to organize the event as this is my busiest time of year and all I can do is offer my facilities and knowledge of the area.

p.s. so cal rebel hunter- I called you the other week and never heard back so get a hold of me and we'll talk'

Sorry I missed your call. I think I got your pm but I didn't see any missed calls so I'll get a hold of you this week and we can work out some of the details. We just bought a travel trailer so I've been busy trying to get my place ready to store it. I'll be in touch.

And are we talking about doing the hunt at your place or are we going to see about a pig hunt in Descanso? I'm in either way, just curious.

Alrighty boys. I'm back. I recently bought a camping trailer and have been busy getting the rv parking area finished and ready. I bought it under the guise of "family camping" but it's clearly a mobile man cave.

I know most of us are in the depths of turkey season but I'm ready to start getting this thing together. PM me for my phone number.

If you want to set this up with the wounded warrior regiment (usmc) pm me and I can give you the contact number. It's a bit confusing in that the wounded warrior project is a non profit org and the wounded warrior regiment is a part of the marine corps.

We did a hunt last year with the wwr at falling feathers duck club and will do it again this year. Was one of the most rewarding things I have ever been a part of.

I'm ready to get past the formalities with this, if any of the forum members know how to access a WW that wants to hunt turkeys this season give me a call at 760 782 0728 and with your direct help (guiding and calling) we can get this done...

Snake Charmer said:
I'm ready to get past the formalities with this, if any of the forum members know how to access a WW that wants to hunt turkeys this season give me a call at 760 782 0728 and with your direct help (guiding and calling) we can get this done...

I like the initiative!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu