Wow

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
No deer yet I did glass up some cows. And this is where I have a ? Do mountain lions roar. I thought no but I heard 1 do it 2 times then it grabbed a calf and the cows went crazy. Regrouped then they turn run back down towards the lion then he ran right by me. Not to close 47yards I got about of 10 seconds of clear view of him. Wild so pumped I hike here at night alone alot. One thing there tails are freaking long

It was nuts john Really cool though. Rad to see one good and close.
needless to say after the 2stampeeds I've seen no deer

If it attacked a calf call dfw you might be able to get a depredation permit.

Thought about it but it's not my cow. And can I still be a good Samaritan and help some one out lol

I recall a phrase something to do with sss.not like Hitler that's ss and the third s is very important. You've already said too much.if you were a cop game warden or any other law enforcement then you could now carry your sidearm. But they're more valuable than regular old people so you can't.bs in my book. If a cop can carry a pistola during bow season we should be able too also.funny huh. The wardens don't hunt SD in their off time without a gun and when I questioned one about it he concurred that cats are way out of control and because he has law enforcement training he's considered higher priority so their NOW allowed to pack during bow season. Read the procs you'll poop . The dfw snuck through a bill last year allowing leos to do so

It's a big cat man. I have had my hair stand up on the back of my neck befor here. I wonder if that was why.

Sdbirds said:
It's a big cat man. I have had my hair stand up on the back of my neck befor here. I wonder if that was why.

Dude If u hunt that spot a lot, I would bet that cat has watched u or has known u were there/in the area. Be safe man

stikbrandon said:
Sdbirds said:

Dude If u hunt that spot a lot, I would bet that cat has watched u or has known u were there/in the area. Be safe man

I'm as safe as they come. If u talk to the right people.

D16hunter said:
I saw a young lion yesterday at prob same place also couple days before my neighbor saw one and i heard it
not the same place. This was far from a baby

Sdbirds said:
Ive had the same thing happen to me once during deer season hiking out in the dark i felt like i was being watched then somebody said theyd seen a lion at where me and my dad set up camp needless we didnt camp there for the night

Sbirds storie .... your right i don't know you but the campground host you and told me and my brother about your encounter

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu