WTB-- Ford crew cab

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
Hey all Ive been with out a 4x4 for about a year now and so i am in the market....

Im looking for a ford 4x4 crew cab with a front bench.. so i can seat 6 in the truck id like an 8ft bed but may consider a 6'

any one have or know any one selling an early 90's or newer ford crew cab in 3/4 or 1 ton? I need to tow safely atleast 8800lbs so a 1/2 ton is out I need the extra space of a bigger truck Id also love it if it had a shell already for my dog. Ive got a cash in hand and ready to buy budget of $6000. I can always get a little more for the my uncle sams credit union..

GPS,

To the best of my knowledge Ford did not make short bed crew cabs until the middle 90's and they were all F 250 and were independent front ends

If you're looking for a gas model look at the 99 and later. You can get crew cab F250s/350s in crew cab short bed configurations.

The later trucks ride WAY better than the mid 90s trucks

Thanks for the info. You are right about the short box except for some roll along models. What I ment was lets see if any one comes up with my options at all. I'd rather but from some one here or some ones friend /family then auto trader or craigs list.

I love the newer fords mid 2000's but I HATE coil on plug and the way ford put the long plugs down in a 5" hole. It's a love hate thing. The old 460's and factory turbo diesels are great and easy to work on. I had a 7.2 or 7.3. What ever they were with a turbo and intercooler. What a motor!

Sorry I have no idea about that plug and coil thing. Last truck I had with a spark plug was in the early 80s.

Good luck with the truck search

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu