??? wyoming antlope hunt

Gary 619

Nov 12, 2014
Hey ya'll looking for any info on antlope hunting in wyoming. Looking into planing a public land hunt trip this year to the southwest area of the state. Wanted know if any of you have done antlope hunting in this area of the state and if so any info on camping, prefered hunting zones...

Thanks Hoss

Larry,
I'll be doing my first DIY WY antelope hunt this year as well. Look into hunt zones with lots of BLM land and access to that land. If you're on state land you need a guide to hunt. Good luck!

I haven't hunted antelope... and this may sound weird because i know you can hunt antelope every year in some states.. but antelope hunting is a dream hunt for me. Let me know if your looking for a partner in any case, I am a member of a hunting broker service where i can get information from people who have hunted in the areas if you could pint out a unit or two?

??? wyoming antlope hunt

I'm going points only in WY this year, because the daughter of an old friend is getting married in Upstate New York on October 1, when WY muley season opens. I know what you're thinking... For some reason, they didn't ask me for advice on dates. Anyway I think points only in WY opens July 1.

I applied for points and a couple unit 94 doe/fawn tags. I'll be driving up, hunting a few days, and driving back down to SD.

Mountain_made said:
I applied for points and a couple unit 94 doe/fawn tags. I'll be driving up, hunting a few days, and driving back down to SD.

Doe/fawn tags for antelope? Are they OTC tags?

Jdrivsd619 said:
Mountain_made said:

Doe/fawn tags for antelope? Are they OTC tags?
They're limited draw, but they're also the cheapest non-resident tag in the west ($48). I chose a unit with good drawing odds, coupled with lots of BLM in that unit.

trying to narrow it down between two zones. I'm trying to find a zone that has some campgrounds near by if I'm going to drive up there I'm making a trip out off it. I'm going to call the wyoming dfg department in the next few days and see what info they have on campgrounds

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu