X9A Scouting Report

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
The scouting reports for this years X9A hunt is sounding really good, my Brother and Nephew have called me a few time in the last two weeks, so far in 3 scouting trips they have seen 31 legal bucks, 5 of them are over 24" wide. Here is a photo my Nephew sent me last night, the buck on the far right is a DONKEY! "COME ON SEPT. 15th"!!!

Attachments

• X9A.JPG
    X9A.JPG
    659.3 KB · Views: 232
now thats what am talking about
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Good luck!!!! pretty sure i saw this same buck, and another guy i know has a couple pics of it. not hunting the zone but know a few who are after him

Which buck - the one on the left or the one on the right?

brice s said:
Good luck!!!! pretty sure i saw this same buck, and another guy i know has a couple pics of it. not hunting the zone but know a few who are after him

Possible, but highly unlikely!

X9a is vertical , the slightest weather change could completely change this animal's location. Personally I think this is one of the reasons this zone remains so rich. It is one of the best zones in the southwest. Imagine if it was only hunted every other year, It would probably produce some of the best trophy's in the southwest

This buck was harvested today in the X9A zone (archery) by a friend of my nephew. Good job Dillion.

Attachments

• dillon 2012.jpg
    dillon 2012.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 69

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu