Yosemite Alternative

CobPipeMan

Feb 5, 2015
So I have a week off work the week of April 6-10. I want to take my family camping, wife wanted to do Yosemite, but there are no open sites available on short notice. What are my chances of securing a walk up site (no reservation) during early April? Or of anyone can recommend an alternative area similar to Yosemite? I want to photograph wildlife and hike during the trip.

Thanks

CPM,

Cuyamaca State Park is beautiful this time of year with tons of wildlife (turkeys & deer especially). Loads of trails and the old mine is great to see....Pinezanita Campground is near by and you can camp in the park itself......Also nearby is Julian and Lake Cuyamaca.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu