You guys should be whacking them

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
The lagoons on the coast are loaded crazy amount of birds!

Good luck.....looks like a good duck shoot!

I've got #4 at SJ on 1/12 and #40 at Wister on 1/19 but doubt I can make the Wister rez. Maybe fit in a sea hunt with my daughter the last weekend. Hope for fun if the ducks are down!
I took 1/12 off from work to hit up SJ with a buddy. Going to ride the sweat line and see if I pull a spot. Good luck man!

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
@SurfNHuntSD @ilovesprig did the 2s knock them down? I took the old 410 out and got one teal but then I said enough of this and swapped it for the 12 and got a shoveler. The 410 was tough!
View attachment 52867
Funny you ask if the 2s knocked em down.. this was the first time I used em (Kent Faststeel 3.5" 2s) and had issues. Other than my outright crappy shooting, I had a failure to fire (dimpled primer, no fire) and a failure to eject. Thinking it's maybe a bad box, since I've never had an issue with my SBE3 before.. I've shot everything from light dove loads, 3" 3s, 3.5# BBs, and turkey shot this year with no problem. Which is surprising since my go-to duck loads are usually the Fasteel 3" 3s. Of course the failures happened right as we had some good flights of birds...

Reactions: ilovesprig
Funny you ask if the 2s knocked em down.. this was the first time I used em (Kent Faststeel 3.5" 2s) and had issues. Other than my outright crappy shooting, I had a failure to fire (dimpled primer, no fire) and a failure to eject. Thinking it's maybe a bad box, since I've never had an issue with my SBE3 before.. I've shot everything from light dove loads, 3" 3s, 3.5# BBs, and turkey shot this year with no problem. Which is surprising since my go-to duck loads are usually the Fasteel 3" 3s. Of course the failures happened right as we had some good flights of birds...
Thats funny, I thought you guys were joking. I had a shell not fire recently at the clay range, but it was 20+ years old. You weren’t the only one shooting crappy. I hope I can get out in the morning one more time this year to put Wednesday behind me; it was frustrating. I only expected to see a few birds, if I knew they were going be flying that good I would have left the 410 in the car. I should probably get more sleep so I am sharper next time. There was a lot of new birds it seemed, hopefully they stick around for a couple weeks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu