Youth hunt Video

ratz

Feb 17, 2011
My daughter was drawn for the CDA youth hunt at Tejon Ranch. The story is posted on our home page, please Click on the SCH thumbnail, and read the article and enjoy the pictures. It was very cold and windy, here is some video.
She is 15yo, and was excited to get her first deer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekseaWlW-WM

Very cool! I like th little "Whooooo" she let out while kneeling over her deer! Congrats to her!

I cut it short for the youtube version, but I have a longer version.

Thanks guys,
She seemed excited, I just hope she wasn't just acting excited for me.
She smiled a lot, and was proud when a hunting buddy, and my family back in the Midwest complimented her.
Mom wasn't very happy that i had her gut the Deer.
I just told Sydney, Just go as far as you think you can, and let the guide.... guide you. She cut out the deers bottom end ran the knife up to the rib cage, cut the membrane to the chest cavity,...... then he said" reach in there and cut the esophagus, ... she gave me that look. I figured her memory of her first deer shouldn't be a haunting on. He made the cut, and she wasn't scarred.
The guide skinned it, we hung it overnight, it was frozen when we quartered it the next morning. We drove for 3+ hours, and got it to Jim's.
She doesn't show many of her friends, I thinks she thinks they will judge her. The 3or 4 girls she has shown it to loved it and said they probably couldn't do it, but thought she was awesome for doing it.
So now I will get her a rifle.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu