0 days until the 2014 Dove season

Did anyone else notice the Euros flying much higher this year? They did for sure in our area. We all choked up to IM and Full and shot fast #6 loads (our pigeon loads) later in the morning when the euros started flying.

Wasn't exactly red hot on my friends duck club, but Jacob and I chipped away at them for 29 mourners, 1 white-wing, and 10 out of nowhere euros. The week before the sunflowers were loaded with white-wing.

Most my other friends had a tough time of it........Euros saved the day for some, but overall very slow.

Attachments

• IMG_8638.JPG
    IMG_8638.JPG
    503.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8641.JPG
    IMG_8641.JPG
    562.9 KB · Views: 43
guess a lot of people didn't see that pigeons
are not legal to shoot in the IV this year

O$iris said:

Dfg came and talked to us and saw our pigeons. He said "you should leave those out there, they work great to decoy in other pigeons" and went on his way. Nothing about not being able to shoot them. Was that posted on the dfg website?

punkur67 said:
O$iris said:

Dfg came and talked to us and saw our pigeons. He said "you should leave those out there, they work great to decoy in other pigeons" and went on his way. Nothing about not being able to shoot them. Was that posted on the dfg website?

It's posted in the regulations.........I know it was NEVER mentioned in the state commissioners meeting. Don't have any idea how it got in there, but it's there.

The gamey's we talked to said "No Bueno" on pigeons. They weren't happy about a few things......Shooting in city limits & the 150 yd being at the top of the list.

We didn't do as good as we hoped for. This made it all worth it though....

Attachments

• 20140831_181656.jpg
    20140831_181656.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
ilovesprig said:
punkur67 said:
O$iris said:

It's posted in the regulations.........I know it was NEVER mentioned in the state commissioners meeting. Don't have any idea how it got in there, but it's there.

The gamey's we talked to said "No Bueno" on pigeons. They weren't happy about a few things......Shooting in city limits & the 150 yd being at the top of the list.

Can you point me in the right direction where this is posted so I can forward this info along. I checked the DFG website and could not find anything.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu