0 days until the 2014 Dove season

Re: 02 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Down to the wire - 2 days 8 hours to go!

Re: 01 More days until the 2014 Dove season

We are down to 1 day and 7 hours until the official 2014 dove season kickoff! Almost there...

Re: 23 Hours until the 2014 Dove season

We are less than 24 hours to go!

23 Hours until the 2014 Dove season

I'm headed out in an hour to slay some euros then camp down in the valley it's gonna be hotter than hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, Happy Hunting to all of you who brave the heat and make it to opening!!! Remember stay hydrated, hunt smart and safe, and save a few for me. Because of work schedule, I can't make it down until the 11th. 8)

dont forget if you have a dog remember to keep him cool and watered to. and dont over work him. he will thank you

Let's see who can post the first limit.......

Had better shooting yesterday for euros than today. Our spot we have shot for the last 8 years was over run this year. Had guys come in 5 minutes after shoot time and set up directly behind us, in front of us , on on both sides. The lazy last minute guys who set up in bad places and would not listen to us ended up shooting 3 guys. No shots broke skin but made for some angry hunters.

Attachments

• IMG_4461.jpg
    IMG_4461.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 43
Yea I wish I had not missed it but I'm glad I missed the nut jobs. I can get out or 2 weeks I hope the crowds are gone, the birds come back , and the rain holds off for the weekend.

Lots of birds and lots of people out there today. Unfortunately I personally witnessed a few guys shooting low as well.

Ran out to my local oc spot and bagged enough for tomorrow nights dinner. 20140901_193959_zpsh5kwfjbo.jpg

Opening day was horrible for me today, to many people in our local spots birds were not doing what they were Spose to do. My dog was an idiot today ...... She'd run to the birds mouth them spit them out and come back. I had to send her out like twice per bird hahaha o Lordy

All in all way better than work

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb.png
    image.jpg_thumb.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg_thumb1.png
    image.jpg_thumb1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 120
Had a great opener today! Started off the morning with a bear/deer hunt with my buddy, no luck there. so we headed over to my other buddies house, and he invited us to hunt over some grape vineyards with a small reservoir at his work.. Ended up with 4 of us limiting out in about 2 hours or so. Man it was fun, the dove were flying great! For about 5 minutes it looked like Argentina..

Me and my dad had a slow opener 3 euros and a pigeon the day before and 6 mournings and 1 euro on the opener it was pretty slow i hunted euros at the spot all summer and did good but they got the hell out their I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409673859.710524.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409673859.710524.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 114

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu