0 More days until Dove season

Re: 138 More days until Dove season

In the scheme of things, 138 days is not really that long. It is also sort of the official kickoff to hunting season!

If I remember correctly, that was around 180+ birds piled up by our group. Lots of Eurasians too.

Attachments

• dove pile (640x480).jpg
    dove pile (640x480).jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 472

Damn mice photo!

This may have been a better year. Not sure though. The dove opener is like a religious holiday. Our group started with 4 guys and its now somewhere around 18-20 close friends and family. Big group makes for big piles of birds. Wrap them in bacon with some jalapeno and toss on the grill!!

Attachments

• SCH DOVE.jpg
    SCH DOVE.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 461

That's a lot of birds. Dove hunting was big w/my dad and bro when I was younger but then it just kinda fell off as it got harder and harder to hunt locally then I got more into big game. My bro and I along with some friends went out for the opener last year for the first time since 04 or 05 and had a blast. 8 of us limited out and were on the water by 9am opening day then done by 9:30 next morning on our way home. I don't miss the hot weather and mosquito's though.

Breacher, that is the best recipe for doves! there aint no better way to eat em! :)

137...see, it's going by quick!

Re: 136 More days until Dove season

135 more days left. Even my dog is excited!

Found this picture online. That's who you stack them up! Looks like one of those Argentina hunts.

Attachments

• Argentina-Peta.jpg
    Argentina-Peta.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22

Cordoba no doubt. Looks like a good time to me.

Re: 135 More days until Dove season

hell yea! thats a great pic! i would love to go there sometime :)

Re: 134 More days until Dove season

134 more days!

Back