2014 Predator TaftHunter

Well first time calling in a while.. First stand of the morning, came into jack rabbit distress. 15 minutes in this male came into 30 yards and I smoked him with my 11-87. Ammo was Hornady BB coyote load.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417891295.517858.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417891295.517858.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 43
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417891305.670901.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417891305.670901.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 38
TaftHunter said:
Ammo was Hornady BB coyote load.

Nice Taft! What choke are you using? You patterned it out to distance? I just got the Hornady ammo catalog in the mail and saw these and peaked my interest (also have new rifled slugs for smooth barrels).

8SteelTown said:
TaftHunter said:
Ammo was Hornady BB coyote load.

Nice Taft! What choke are you using? You patterned it out to distance? I just got the Hornady ammo catalog in the mail and saw these and peaked my interest (also have new rifled slugs for smooth barrels).

I use a Carlsons Coyote. Yes, they are good out to 40-45 yards, I can't remember exactly how many pellets were in an 18" circle.. But I do know they are deadly! 50 yards is stretching it, but I did kill a fox at about 50. Just a warning, if you plan on keeping the fur, do not shoot the animal closer then 25 yards, my buddy shot a yote with them at 20 yards last year and literally blew a window through it!

TaftHunter said:
Just a warning, if you plan on keeping the fur, do not shoot the animal closer then 25 yards, my buddy shot a yote with them at 20 yards last year and literally blew a window through it!

I like windows! ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu