Bear down!

Congrats dude! I can appreciate the struggle of dragging a bear. After dragging my last one up hill, I vowed to shoot another only if it were near a road!

Nice bear.....never drag.......gutless debone or quarter only.

What about the deer hunt?

Drewski2324 said:
Congrats man! Good lookin bear. I may have missed it but is this your first bear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, this is my first time ever buying the tag.. Never really cared about em till this year. But there is just too many this year..

MJB said:
Nice bear.....never drag.......gutless debone or quarter only.

What about the deer hunt?

The deer hunt ended up with nothing.. We saw some does, and some bucks a couple different groups of hunters harvested.

D16hunter said:
Congrats on the bear man what do you think he weighed?

Hmm it was hard to tell. Maybe 200 give or take 50. Didn't have a scale on me. This is one of the smaller bears we have seen. But the other bears have been miles down in the canyons and I'm not about to take a 250+ bear out 2 miles uphill haha...

TaftHunter said:
D16hunter said:

Hmm it was hard to tell. Maybe 200 give or take 50. Didn't have a scale on me. This is one of the smaller bears we have seen. But the other bears have been miles down in the canyons and I'm not about to take a 250+ bear out 2 miles uphill haha...

Actually probably more like 175

TaftHunter said:
D16hunter said:

That sounds like great hunting if he's a smaller one congrats

Awesome congrats on your success so far this year. I have no doubt you will get your girlfriend on a buck.

Irvine said:
Awesome congrats on your success so far this year. I have no doubt you will get your girlfriend on a buck.

Sadly A-zone ends tonight, and she has work today. And now she really wants to get a bear tag haha. But we might go see if the springs I know of in d-13 have any water in them anymore.
She had a chance at a nice 3x3 a couple years ago, but couldn't get it in her scope. Now she is a pretty deadly shot out to 250 yards.

Congrats.... well done Killer. Bear meat is awesome. I packed a big one out before. The shot is the easy part , the pack out is 99% of a bear hunt story. Right.

Without the hounds-men chasing all the bears there will be more and more of them every year now. Controlling their numbers will be up to you and your buddy's now.

BuckHunter said:
Congrats.... well done Killer. Bear meat is awesome. I packed a big one out before. The shot is the easy part , the pack out is 99% of a bear hunt story. Right.

Without the hounds-men chasing all the bears there will be more and more of them every year now. Controlling their numbers will be up to you and your buddy's now.

Thank you Buckhunter, we plan on making some sausage and a couple deep pits with it. That is no joke hahah.

Yep, that's even what the warden that validated my tag told me.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu