Big buck down!!!!

I "hunt a lot" too acestriker, I just don't kill them. The indians in the mountains call me vegetarian.

tafthunter- great, now I have something to look forward to!

Well guys my hunt started yesterday (Thursday) at 12 am, it was a 4 hour drive to my hunting spot, which would give me enough time to pack into my spot and get some glassing in before dark.
Everything went as planned and I found a few smaller bucks last night and a bunch of does, but nothing I wanted to put my tag on.
The hunt continued after a good sleep in my 1 man tent, miles from my truck. I woke up and got to glassing, turning up about 20 does and a couple small forky's.
At 7:50 I glassed up a pretty nice buck moving from a meadow into a group of pine trees, I saw that he was at least a 3 point on each side. I told myself that I would tag him if I can. So I moved into shooting range of the group of pine trees.
After about 5 minutes I found my buck feeding toward the top of the hill, I quickly got my G7 out and ranged him at 581 yards, I double checked and got how much Moa I needed, 9.7 Moa is what it called for so that is what I dialed.
I got behind my rifle and took a dry fire on the broadside buck. I felt really comfortable so I put a live one in.
I got behind my scope put the buck in my cross hairs took a few deep breaths, and slowly squeezed my trigger. I watched as my bullet connected with the bucks fur, perfect shot!
The buck took a step to left and started to tumble down the hill.
I called my girlfriend and my dad to let them know. Then the real work started, getting this guy, plus all my gear back to my truck.

a20f51c2b7be00c98cebc90b57331973.jpg

2e6111ceee27c0b541371bf9124348c2.jpg

30421f80804e9a8d535714c08d35685b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just put your girlfriend's bucks on the featured post and you go and do this. Nice deer dude

Reactions: TaftHunter
Shame on you for stealing your girlfriends thunder.....

Dude that is nice. I'm camped out in a sleeping bag listening to the crickets on a mountain side right now. Going to try to stick one tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the good dreams tonight.

Is that your biggest buck?

Thanks guys. I told myself this season I was going to kill a nice buck. I'm on cloud 9 right now with this deer.

Reactions: acestriker
Shame on you for stealing your girlfriends thunder.....

Dude that is nice. I'm camped out in a sleeping bag listening to the crickets on a mountain side right now. Going to try to stick one tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the good dreams tonight.

Is that your biggest buck?

Goodluck tomorrow I hope you kill a big ole buck! Those nights in your tent, miles from any other human are ones to enjoy.

Yes this is my biggest buck by far. I have always had a hard time passing up deer. This year I changed and it worked out!

Reactions: Bonejour
Dude nice deer man! You and your GF scored this year, enough meat to last the year

Reactions: TaftHunter

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu