Big buck down!!!!

Garrett that is an awesome shot and a great story. As for me, I'm not passing on any legal buck this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TaftHunter
Garrett that is an awesome shot and a great story. As for me, I'm not passing on any legal buck this year

Thanks Don, I guess the hundreds of bullets I shot in preparation for this season paid off! There is nothing wrong with that, after all hunting is about putting meat on the table. I wish you luck this season!

Reactions: Bonejour
He's almost all cleaned up!
3754ace3681dc767a7d0b5f7cede473c.jpg

I've just got outside width and height. I'm not good at scoring (never killed anything big enough to score) but I'm going to ask a buddy if he can teach me how some time this week. I will post up what he ends up being :)

I've just got outside width and height. I'm not good at scoring (never killed anything big enough to score) but I'm going to ask a buddy if he can teach me how some time this week. I will post up what he ends up being :)

Easy to score yourself with this form:
http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRec...=bgRecords&type=Typical+Mule+Deer+&+Blacktail
For official score you'd need confirmation, but it's a fun exercise.

Thank you Don, I just read up on it and watched some YouTube videos. Once the skull is done decreasing I'll get the score :)

Very stong work Taft! I love how tall he is. It could pass for a Wyoming buck.

You continue to inspire alot of folks on this forum with your focus and dedication to hunting and shooting. Very few folks put forth the effort year round like you do. You the man brother. Like my signature says "TaftHunter for President"!

Very stong work Taft! I love how tall he is. It could pass for a Wyoming buck.

You continue to inspire alot of folks on this forum with your focus and dedication to hunting and shooting. Very few folks put forth the effort year round like you do. You the man brother. Like my signature says "TaftHunter for President"!

He really could with those big deep forks!

Well John I appreciate that. I hope I inspired all the DIY public land hunters on this site. With hard work comes great reward. It's not easy packing into area with plans to stay 3 nights alone out there, but that is what we have to do sometimes. I want nothing more then to see others succeed and enjoy hunting as much as I do. I truly appreciate the animals I harvest and the amazing times I have out in the field, wether I'm solo or I have a partner with me. I continue to gain knowledge every time I put my boots to dirt. Hunting is an incredible thing, I'm glad I can share my success on this site.

Does anyone want to guess score? I just finished up scoring him!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu