CALIFORNIA DRAW RESULTS!!!

I will take any advice you have.

John
Glad to hear that you drew with 8 I should be a sure bet with nine next year. I remember when you could draw X9a with 2-3 points but not anymore. I’m curious to see how you do and hope you follow up with your experience on here.

Yes it is a new hunt for Rocky Mountain elk

I considered putting in for that but was scared of the trespass fee. I think Tejon gets like $40-50K for a bull. Any idea what $$$ these hunters will have to come up with?

I considered putting in for that but was scared of the trespass fee. I think Tejon gets like $40-50K for a bull. Any idea what $$$ these hunters will have to come up with?
I know of some opportunities that are much cheaper then that if you want some details send me a message l.

I know of some opportunities that are much cheaper then that if you want some details send me a message l.
Thanks. I was mostly just curious as my heart is set on a Tule bull (I've killed RM elk). I do have max points -1 on elk. While its really frustrating being that close I know I will eventually draw 1 day being that I am only 34.

Thanks. I was mostly just curious as my heart is set on a Tule bull (I've killed RM elk). I do have max points -1 on elk. While its really frustrating being that close I know I will eventually draw 1 day being that I am only 34.
For sure man, so your max points in everything beside elk ?

For sure man, so your max points in everything beside elk ?

I wish! Everything else is significantly less then max. Elk is the only one that is close. Althought I dont know how many 34 year olds have 17 sheep points so that may pay off down the road if enough older guys pass on and I am still in shape.

I wish! Everything else is significantly less then max. Elk is the only one that is close. Althought I dont know how many 34 year olds have 17 sheep points so that may pay off down the road if enough older guys pass on and I am still in shape.
I just turned 35 a few days ago and I have 19, but much the less I’m in the same mindset as you! Either way good luck and I hope you draw a sheep tag even if it’s before me, at least you have dedicated some time to it.

I just turned 35 a few days ago and I have 19, but much the less I’m in the same mindset as you! Either way good luck and I hope you draw a sheep tag even if it’s before me, at least you have dedicated some time to it.

Let me run this past you to make sure I am thinking about this correct.

My dad is 72 and has 18 or 19 elk points. At that point level he is basically relegated to a random tag for bulls and will get too old before he is at max points, unlike us. He may as well draw a cow tag next year (La Panza possibly) and then just keep trying to draw a random bull tag the following year. That way he gets an elk hunt and the only "loss" is 1 year of not having a shot at a random tag, which is like 1 in 1000 anyways.

Reactions: sportyg and skeet

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu