Count down to dove season!

IV best thing to do if you haven't been before or its been a while. You might want to try the heritage fields dfg. It might be crowded wear glasses,STEEL SHOT ONLY but this short notice it would probably be your best bet. Don't know about salton sea.

Can't wait for tomorrow:sun:

I'd like to wish you all the best of luck and safe hunting for this long awaited day. Cant wait to see the pics and videos from you guys. Would love to see some action shots. I will keep looking for these as I sit at work for the next few days.
Enjoy.

IV best thing to do if you haven't been before or its been a while. You might want to try the heritage fields dfg. It might be crowded wear glasses,STEEL SHOT ONLY but this short notice it would probably be your best bet. Don't know about salton sea.

Can't wait for tomorrow:sun:

One more time......lol......Steel shot is NOT required on Heritage fields.....This land is owned by IID, not DFW.

Good luck to everyone......And yes, WEAR GLASSES!

Reactions: D16hunter
Ok I've limited out already.... Limited out of patience maybe. Still stuck at home can't leave town until noon. Have good safe hunts and leave some birds for the late guys.

Going to hit up local wildlife area after school. First season last year was pretty good I hope it still is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job guys. We had to wait for the 17 ur old to get out of school so we got to the valley about 330. Can I say I have seen more illegal unsafe activity this year then any other. Are people getting my stupider?

Doug,

Some other SCH'ers had a really bad experience this morning too......Real idiots, real jerks, and real dangerous!

Within 30mim I saw guys parked on the side of 111 with chairs on the pavement, Guys blocking the road completely at the heritage fields, and guys shooting well within brawly city limits. Heck I even saw one guy take aim out of a moving truck window.

Reactions: cookieman-1
Ok, I'll bite... so Brian (Irvine) and Kyle (SigAlert) pick me up at 3am and we head down to one of Kyle's most productive spots in the valley, only to find a few trucks already there. Thing is, they're across the canal within city limits (no go) and, sure enough, a cop pulls up and tells them to leave. Meanwhile, we had already set up in our prime spot on the legal side of the canal. So one would expect these guys, who aren't in a legal area, to either leave completely, or move way down out of our way, right? NOPE. They simply walked across the canal to where we were, and hung out around us. Kyle had one guy literally 5-10 yards from him, and several guys were huddled around MY MOJO TREE, and they even thought at one point it was their Mojo. I had two of them set up directly in front of me in my shooting lane, and so I yelled out to them "Hey you're in my shooting lane, I'm gonna put shots right at you" and they were like "OK." Being that it was 5 minutes until shooting time, we decided to stick it out for a bit and try to make it work, even though we knew these guys weren't gonna leave, they barely spoke any English anyway so we couldn't really explain sh** to them, and really who wants to get into a fight at shoot time on dove opener? But then the straw that broke the camel's back was about 15 minutes into hunt time, when Brian shot a bird, and the guy close to him shot right after, and then CLAIMED THE BIRD. I didn't hear their exchange but apparently the guy kept telling him "Hey that's my bird, 2nd shot." Brian could explain more, but I guess he kept arguing stupidly in broken English and finally Brian said f*** it, take the damn bird, we're outta here. So we moved down the road a bit to have our own space, but what sucks is that these guys had the best positioning right in the flyway, where WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN, since Brian and Kyle hunt this spot all the time and got it wired. Sorry to b*tch and moan but I had to share our frustrating morning.

Reactions: cookieman-1
had the same experience 2 years ago. One of my buddies went home with no birds because the guys 5 feet from him on both sides claimed all his birds. We actually spent the night in the spot but that didn't stop these 6 yahoos from putting 2 guys between each of us. Newbies this is why no one wants to show you their spots and we get mad when people share our spots. They are like gold certain times of year and you want to keep them as secret as possible.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu