Count down to dove season!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience surfnshoot especially 5 minutes till shooting time, I would be super pissed. And the language barrier makes it even harder. They should of know to find a new spot.

I have seen lots of hunters gather in one area that produces dove but sometimes that "spot" can only hold so many hunters and of course everyone shows just about at the same time and then it gets crazy. a real ethical hunter should see the situation that's unfolding and should move to another area, I guess that's why its good to have a few back up plans ready.

I personally don't really hunt dove but my family still does, they always have a few areas scouted out but it changes the day of the hunt. In his case even the day before the hunt, he thought he had a great spot that was holding regular dove and euros. While he was watching and learning the flight patterns a truck showed up next to him and the guys got off the truck and started shooting the euros, lol. anyways my fam had a great opener got limits with plenty of euros.

and remember that the valley has many other spots that hold a bunch of birds one just needs venture a bit more than the regular

My brother and I shot 20 dove last night and 14 this morning. Mostly euros. We just got home and realized that both of us thought the other one was gonna get the mojo and we forgot it. If anyone is near wister area I can tell you where it is and you can get it for us. It's a spot not many people go to. Thanks guys

My brother and I shot 20 dove last night and 14 this morning. Mostly euros. We just got home and realized that both of us thought the other one was gonna get the mojo and we forgot it. If anyone is near wister area I can tell you where it is and you can get it for us. It's a spot not many people go to. Thanks guys

Call 760-359-0577.......Ask for Rick or Ryan........Tell them where it's at.

Good work Doug.....Like hearing a happy story amongst hunters (SCH'ers).....:blush:

And Parker, good going finding a spot on Wister that every buddy and his dog was hunting......:laughing:

image.jpeg image.jpeg With all the stories maybe we need a new "dove weekend crab thread" but here goes another one.

Saturday 4am our crew gets to our morning spot. Same spot we hunted euros at in July and hunted Thursday and Friday this week. Driving in we see one truck and a Prius about a 1/4 mile down the road parked almost in the middle but no one else. We drive a little to make sure. We walk the whole area look in all the bushes and shine lights all over. We see no one so we take our time and set up. We get our dove tree up, our ground feeders and our mojos. Our group is 4 hunters with lights. We are not stealth. So :45 min later one guys starts walking across our spreed and disappears into the bushes. While I'm watching him another guy walks right up next to our truck and my wife and son with out saying a word. No hello or good morning, no lights nothing. If I had had my side arm I would have drawn on him it was that freaky. So as he walks by I flash the light and ask if he is going to hunt the area we have been setting up on for the past :45min. He says they got there first because the slept in the Prius and truck parked 1/4 mile away. Sorry for the blurry Picts Not wanting to get into a gun fight or anything we packed it in and took off. So if this was any of us on this forum you suck. If you know the jerks let them know that's not how you handle things. GET UP And make your stand earlier.

I had the same thing happen on public duck ponds last year. We went in wel before shoot time and set up our decoys and looked everywhere with our lights and didn't see anyone else or other decoys them 5 minutes before shoot time this guy comes walking up and is yelling at us and says that his decoys were already in the pond. Well what he did was drive by the pond the night before and threw his decoys from the truck. They were right next to the road in the pond and we never saw them.

Shouldn't have moved at all, you should have to bad dick hole,

I' will happily move on if some guys are set up. BUT I have no tolerance for that shit

My wife and 17yer old son had me keeping my cool. If it was just me and my dad we would have stayed and sky busted everything that flew and ruined there hunt.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu