Do I Need A 4x4

Flood looks like it's out on the 78 East of the Blue Inn. What's the name of that ranch right there again? I can see the sign but can't remember.

ivhunter, there's another waggy for sale on Worthington just east of the New River, baby blue I think. We should get together and hang out and shoot the breeze or some kritters.

My first vehicle was/is a CJ-7...gotta put it back together someday.

JeepUp.jpg

Great pic!........I can't recall the name of the ranch either. But the flash floods were east of Blue Inn on 78 all the way to 86......Worst I've ever seen.

Jeeps haven't changed have they........These pix are close to 60 years old......... ;D

Attachments

• scan004.jpg
    scan004.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 18
  • scan043.jpg
    scan043.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Well...the new jeeps aren't very jeepish. Plastic fantastic...plastic balljoints, plastic rod ends on shifter cables...bleh. Comfort and MPG are good. :)

Our oldie is a '53 M38A1 that was civilianized.

No idea when I'll get back to my CJ-7...it was on Scout Dana 44 axles with Detroit lockers on both ends, 35" tires. It was serious stuff back then.

I had/have a Blazer too....one ton axles, lockers, 39"/44" tires...

12-15-07.jpg

Beauties, classic pictures, 60 years hahahaha I was not born yet. I am 59 years young this month. hahaha still at it to. my goal is to buy another classic jeep. I have a 53 Chevy which is in the process of getting another engine installed. I may sell it and buy me a new old Jeep.

Handgun said:
Flood looks like it's out on the 78 East of the Blue Inn. What's the name of that ranch right there again? I can see the sign but can't remember.

ivhunter, there's another waggy for sale on Worthington just east of the New River, baby blue I think. We should get together and hang out and shoot the breeze or some kritters.

My first vehicle was/is a CJ-7...gotta put it back together someday.

JeepUp.jpg

nice rigs handgun... I have seen that waggy every time I'm headed out to the desert, always want to stop but never do.. I'm afraid i'll pick up another project and my girl wont be to happy about that. we have probably crossed paths many times if your from the valley.

Get a 4x4 and then you won't ever wish you had it. The days you wish you had it will come!
I would rather be "looking at it thn looking for it"!!!!

SurfNHuntSD said:
Jealous, lots of awesome rigs on this thread. Let me know if anyone ever sells one, I might be interested. I'm thinking about selling/trading my 94 Landcruiser for a Jeep

No way dude, build that cruiser a bit, those are great camp/hunt/wheelin rigs.

b5.jpg

Those things are awesome fully rigged. I have a jeep and it's rigged to hunt but having the room of a land cruiser wagon would be nice.

Here's two for sale in my hood

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
4x4 for sure! Wish I still had this one, got me into a lot of tight places with some great hunting.

Attachments

• 119.JPG
    119.JPG
    477.8 KB · Views: 21
Gteam2 said:
4x4 for sure! Wish I still had this one, got me into a lot of tight places with some great hunting.
That looks like a great set up for hauling gear. Were those racks permanently installed or could you remove them in the bush?

Sent via Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
Gteam2 said:
That looks like a great set up for hauling gear. Were those racks permanently installed or could you remove them in the bush?

Bonjour,
The racks were set to pivot but would take some work to remove completely. The back cargo rack is a swing away by Warrior Products and the roof rack was by Garvin that could pivot to remove the top. Came in real handy to carry all the gear for camp and the meat home!

Sent via Tapatalk

Gteam2 said:
Bonejour said:
Gteam2 said:
Bonjour,
The racks were set to pivot but would take some work to remove completely. The back cargo rack is a swing away by Warrior Products and the roof rack was by Garvin that could pivot to remove the top. Came in real handy to carry all the gear for camp and the meat home!

Sent via Tapatalk

Good Tips. space is a luxury.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu