LP's from the field report

It does look pretty comfortable it's gotta be great to wake up in where the deer are

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lungpopper said:
Bonejour said:
Tales from the crypt! The good news is that you can't fall out of bed. The bad news is you'll have a rough time getting out of there. Haha
Good luck this morning LP!

Hey Don,
Couple of reasons for picking that spot. 1, there were 15-20 MPH winds. 2, If a cat tried to get me he had to come in between the rocks. At that point the knife was going to be pushed straight up into it.

That was perfect spot. protected.

Another overnighter Saw one doe and one buck Spotted the buck 650 yards away. I can see he had antlers but he's too far to tell what he is. With about a half hour of daylight left I start closing the distance as fast as I can. I'm running pretty fast I come up on a rock and climb over the rock and I'm five yards from a bobcat. This cat had the biggest oh crap look on his face. He couldn't get out of there fast enough. End up closing the distance to 250 yards got a good look at him. A little Forky so gave him the pass. We'll see what we can find in the morning
Tonight's dinner

Attachments

• lung.png
    lung.png
    790.6 KB · Views: 387
Saw two does and that same buck this morning. Came close to feeding the buck copper this morning. Lined him up clicked the safety off and decided not to do it.

I know how you felt Darryl. I had a pretty descent forkey walk by at 15yrds yesterday and I considered it then I came to senses. You know where I was. I can't whack a forkey on 11/1 in that spot. If he comes around in Decenmber he will surely have trouble. Had 12 does and several small guys come by but no bombers yet.

I love to just hunt the does, hang back and wait for Mr. Big Balls to show.
Oh, I would hit my head on that rock for sure.

Going to have to take josh up there to get rid of it after deer season
(Bobcat)

Report for the weekend. 21 does and two bucks. The bucks were together with a couple of does. Passed on em.

Attachments

• IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    333.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2704.JPG
    IMG_2704.JPG
    395.9 KB · Views: 95

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu