New waterfowl gun

TeamRoper

Oct 24, 2018
Stepping up.just doing the 10 DAY wait game.
REM VERSAS MAX.
Suppose to be the softest shooting shotgun. We'll see how those 3 1/2 s feel now.

Growing up me and my stepdad used matching Remington 1100. After they broke from heavy loads i been using the 870 exspess for 20 yrs.

I cant wait.wooohoo!
GETTIN R DONE!VersaMaxWaterfowlPro_Beauty.jpg

Congrats Mac....Now I just hope we have a place to shoot ducks.

ps...Just got the word from Canada that it will be closed to all aliens till at least Sept. 21st...1st time in 20 years I won't be hunting there.

Unless you are a sky buster you don't need an 3/12 for anything. Look at Berretta. I own two Benneli m2 super 90's that I used to use out of country. They slap you on the face every time you pull the trigger but are reliable. Not the softest but good to go. Bennellis are inertia driven and get the job done but punish you along the way with the recoil. Imo Berretta produces the best gas guns.

Reactions: 2dogs1name
Speaking of dream guns...Did you shoot or did you consider the Benelli SBE lll?
Ya know i picked one up and yea its light but i didnt like it.
They had a browning 10 that was really cool.but tthe ammos too expensive.
Im keepin to me and my pops tradition. I loved my 1100.

Iwas. Looking at the Winchester sx4. But couldn't find one.
I like browning too.
But this is the one for me.im soo excited. Im finally get a chance at follow up shots.without being all over the place. Like w/870.
Like i said my 1100 shot super soft.
So with the reviews of the softest recoil.that was a seller fer me.

Unless you are a sky buster you don't need an 3/12 for anything. Look at Berretta. I own two Benneli m2 super 90's that I used to use out of country. They slap you on the face every time you pull the trigger but are reliable. Not the softest but good to go. Bennellis are inertia driven and get the job done but punish you along the way with the recoil. Imo Berretta produces the best gas guns.
I plan on shooting geese.

Used to love my Remington's...Like baseball bats, everyone likes what they like and Remington's always felt right.

ps...If your feeling that much recoil, then you may need to concentrate on your target more... ;)

Reactions: chessie
Im a fan roper...welcome to my river bottom any time..

Besides everyone has a benelli or beretta.
And im not like everyone else.
I got braggin rights.i tripled three drake mallards witt dat ol 870.
That. I impressed self.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu