New waterfowl gun

Used to love my Remington's...Like baseball bats, everyone likes what they like and Remington's always felt right.

ps...If your feeling that much recoil, then you may need to concentrate on your target more... ;)
Ouch. Its a 870. And im tired oftakung asprin to go duck hunt!
No more headaches
Anyhow.i just flat dont like benelli.
Period.it didnt feel good in my hands and when i shoulder it.only thing i like is it was a lil lighter..that didnt do it for me....remingtons in my soul

Last edited:
Ouch. Its a 870. And im tired oftakung asprin to go duck hunt!
No more headaches
Anyhow.i just flat dont like benelli.
Period.it didnt feel good in my hands and when i shoulder it.only thing i like is it was a lil lighter..that didnt do it for me....remingtons in my soul

Other than they cost twice as much as many other auto loaders...You're the 1st person I've heard describe Benelli like that (Nova's excepted)…With maybe the exception of one or two guys, every best waterfowler I know, shoots Benelli...But again, whatever floats your boat... :blush:

Love the Rem. Versa Max. Up until last year I owned 14 shotguns. Sold over half of them and the versa max was one. That gun always felt good. It was just on my list to sell. No matter what shotgun I’m shooting recoil just has never been a factor. Maybe because I’m so concentrated on the bird or clay target so much I just don’t notice recoil. Last year for the entire season both waterfowl and upland I used a Franche Affinity, a slightly older one that doesn’t take 3 1/2 shells. I could go from the duck blind to the pheasant fields , it did it all. Never ever a hiccup. It fit and just felt right. And a lot less $$$ than some of my other shotguns. Ain’t no single shotgun that is the best. The best is what ever gun you feel good with.

Reactions: ilovesprig
your remington will do just fine!!!!! the early versamax's were not so great but they figured out the problems and they work good now

its only 7 ducks how much can recoil be a problem? and your SBE3 does kick more then a a400 :)

Rt.
I needed to get on the books so i can buy ammo! UGH.
I ended up in the same situation, denied purchasing ammo. Ended up buying another Benelli just to get in the system. Waiting on the 10 days now. Always fun buying a new gun, but what a joke California has made all this. Like the gun store clerk told me, by instituting this law, they have created a situation where a lot more guns are being purchased so people can get into the system. The opposite of what these libs actually want, but I sure hope all these new gun owners have a different opinion about liberal gun grabbing dems now as they cast their Nov ballot

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

You picked a great shotgun. I'm not sure why any shotgun would give you a headache on a duck hunt......unless you only shoot 3.5 in and shoot directly straight up in the air and shoot ALOT. San Jack isn't your refuge of choice is it??
I have many shotguns, Winchester, Remington, CZ, Benelli SBE I & II and a Browning A5. My duck gun of choice is my A5, don't tell Trig that.....

I was told something long ago by a very smart man. "When it comes to shotguns, if the name starts with a B, you have made a good choice.

Enjoy your Bemington Versa Max....lol

Duck-boy I'm with you. My Browning works like a charm. I haven't had any problems With my maxes. I just need to shoot better. Last year was the worst shooting slump I had ever been in. Once my leg heals up, it will be to the shooting range / trap, I go.

Reactions: duck-boy
You picked a great shotgun. I'm not sure why any shotgun would give you a headache on a duck hunt......unless you only shoot 3.5 in and shoot directly straight up in the air and shoot ALOT. San Jack isn't your refuge of choice is it??
I have many shotguns, Winchester, Remington, CZ, Benelli SBE I & II and a Browning A5. My duck gun of choice is my A5, don't tell Trig that.....

I was told something long ago by a very smart man. "When it comes to shotguns, if the name starts with a B, you have made a good choice.

Enjoy your Bemington Versa Max....lol

Ron,

Like I mentioned previously, whatever feels good to you, is the right gun....I still love my "Humpy's"....Just not for wildfowling.

ps...Beretta's are for Angel & Padre fans...:joy:

Reactions: NBK and duck-boy
Gotta love how my post now makes me feel like i did something wrong.
Amazing.

Come on, Mac....You did nothing wrong, because there's no right answer...You got the piece YOU liked...And that's all that matters... ;)

Enjoy that Rem VM...And have a great season...:blush:

my god i had no idea people duck hunted with dogs other then black labs....

this like when i found out santa claus was not real :(

I am in the camp with @Snake Charmer on the Benelli's. Great guns but they pound you. I had 1 SBE, 2 M1 Super 90's and 1 M2 Super 90 and they were all reliable. And ya' if you are going to shoot a duck or two and a few geese a day they are fine. But when you shoot geese all day for weeks on end, the Benelli's are brutal on the body.

Here is just one morning hunting with Snake Charmer having or way with the geese...212 bird morning if I remember.

Oh - congrats @TeamRoper on your rig. It is always exciting to start out the season with a new shotgun.

212 Argentina.jpg

Last edited:
Ron,

Like I mentioned previously, whatever feels good to you, is the right gun....I still love my "Humpy's"....Just not for wildfowling.

ps...Beretta's are for Angel & Padre fans...:joy:
Guess I like my Beretta for a reason although I can hit a lot more than the Angels currently are.

Reactions: skeet
It;s all based on how the gun feels to you. I have 6 Beretta's and have had no problems with any of them. I tried many auto loaders and the only ones I would consider are Beretta and Browning just don't like how the others feel

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu