New waterfowl gun

I am in the camp with @Snake Charmer on the Benelli's. Great guns but they pound you. I had 1 SBE, 2 M1 Super 90's and 1 M2 Super 90 and they were all reliable. And ya' if you are going to shoot a duck or two and a few geese a day they are fine. But when you shoot geese all day for weeks on end, the Benelli's are brutal on the body.

Here is just one morning hunting with Snake Charmer having or way with the geese...212 bird morning if I remember.

Oh - congrats @TeamRoper on your rig. It is always exciting to start out the season with a new shotgun.

View attachment 45479
I remember that like it happened yesterday. Argentina in the 90's, game rich and they liked decoys. Each one of us had three shotguns at our side with magazine extensions and bird boys stuffing the empty gun with shells while they handed us a reloaded one... John, Remember wild Bill and the one he shot a hole through because it was so close? 2'3/4 lead got it done no problem. Back in the day on the river NBK and Just my game and I knocked the snot out of the honkers in the early 90's using 3" bismuth Kent and that is where I have drawn the opinon the 3 1/2 is not necessary. Btw our cheeks were black and blue from sessions like that with the super 90's. I won't even mention the duck shoots in Argentina..silly. Oh yea the beef we ate was pretty good too...

I remember that like it happened yesterday. Argentina in the 90's, game rich and they liked decoys. Each one of us had three shotguns at our side with magazine extensions and bird boys stuffing the empty gun with shells while they handed us a reloaded one... John, Remember wild Bill and the one he shot a hole through because it was so close? 2'3/4 lead got it done no problem. Back in the day on the river NBK and Just my game and I knocked the snot out of the honkers in the early 90's using 3" bismuth Kent and that is where I have drawn the opinon the 3 1/2 is not necessary. Btw our cheeks were black and blue from sessions like that with the super 90's. I won't even mention the duck shoots in Argentina..silly. Oh yea the beef we ate was pretty good too...

Cervantes Dos eating beef and drinking beer. Good times Fred.

I stop shooting my Super Black Eagle 2. Way too many benelli clicks. I still have it. Just don't shoot it too often. Also the camouflage Peeled off the front grip So I painted black. Because sometimes it works sometimes it don't.

• Wow
Reactions: ilovesprig
Cervantes dos, beefe de loma and papas fritas with beer. It just does'nt get any better. Let's touch base with Jorge and go back some day...
Just a bit of teasing, no harm intended.
You picked a great shotgun.

BTW,. this is no lab here...View attachment 45476
Whats the bloodline on the poodlepointer ? My wife apprenticed under Bodo Winterhelt who brought the breed to America in the 50's and had many herself.

Reactions: TRICER and duck-boy
Hey Fred, I talked to you at the snake avoidance class a few weeks ago. Maxi 's hair was much shorter cause she was shaved.

I'm not sure about the pedigree (can't even find here paperwork) but I got her from Chris Gentry of Blitzgent Kennels in Norco.

Well all being said:
I'm a true American. Wanted to buy American.
Remington s made in the USA.

I stop shooting my Super Black Eagle 2. Way too many benelli clicks. I still have it. Just don't shoot it too often. Also the camouflage Peeled off the front grip So I painted black. Because sometimes it works sometimes it don't.
Benelli click refers to the bolt not closing completely or bouncing up slightly when you set the gun down . If this is your only issue it's easily fixed. Replace the recoil spring and magazine springs with Wolff +25% springs, about $20.

Benelli click refers to the bolt not closing completely or bouncing up slightly when you set the gun down . If this is your only issue it's easily fixed. Replace the recoil spring and magazine springs with Wolff +25% springs, about $20.
I did it twice. I replaced every spring on the gun twice. It's still does it from time to time. So I just stopped shooting it and got me a Maxis.

Unless you are a sky buster you don't need an 3/12 for anything. Look at Berretta. I own two Benneli m2 super 90's that I used to use out of country. They slap you on the face every time you pull the trigger but are reliable. Not the softest but good to go. Bennellis are inertia driven and get the job done but punish you along the way with the recoil. Imo Berretta produces the best gas guns.
i feel my m1 super 90 is smother and less recoil then my buddy's berretta.. but i only shoot 2 3/4 or 3" anyways. definitely better then the over/under shoulder killer i used for pheasant in South Dakota

i feel my m1 super 90 is smother and less recoil then my buddy's berretta.. but i only shoot 2 3/4 or 3" anyways. definitely better then the over/under shoulder killer i used for pheasant in South Dakota

Specifically the Beretta A400 is the shotgun we are referring too regarding low recoil. The is no comparison between the Benelli inertia guns and the A400.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
Specifically the Beretta A400 is the shotgun we are referring too regarding low recoil. The is no comparison between the Benelli inertia guns and the A400.
I love my A350 too

That's no lie, the extrema is no upland gun. Wish they made a 3" only camo version. The a400 upland is the same weight as the sbe.

Fyi the a400 is only 8oz more then sbe

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu