New waterfowl gun

Almost all modern shotguns shoot and operate well and are reliable and dependable Out of the box whether high end or low end price wise. Some you will experience more felt recoil than others. But the key to reduced recoil and shooting better is the fit. Most people don’t pay any attention to fit but I can tell you from experience it’s one of the most important things in the world of shotguns. Proper fit reduces recoil and also improves shooting. Some shotguns may fit you well out of the box but most don’t. A good recoil pad also reduces felt recoil but can change the fit of your gun. So be aware of that if you change recoil butt pads.
I found out the importance of fit several years ago when I had several expensive shotguns. No matter how fine or expensive a gun was I was not shooting them up to par. I had an old mossberg 500 pump that I shot better than all my other expensive guns. I made incredible shots with that gun. A couple years later I met a guy who was a master at fitting shotguns to individuals. I took a couple guns to him and all needed work to fit to me except the Mossberg. It was about perfect fit, thus why I shot so well with it. I then had him custom fit the rest of my shotguns. The improvement in my shooting was fantastic. Although I’ve never had a problem with recoil, proper fit definitely reduces felt recoil.
So what ever shotgun you’re have be sure it has proper fit.

Almost all modern shotguns shoot and operate well and are reliable and dependable Out of the box whether high end or low end price wise. Some you will experience more felt recoil than others. But the key to reduced recoil and shooting better is the fit. Most people don’t pay any attention to fit but I can tell you from experience it’s one of the most important things in the world of shotguns. Proper fit reduces recoil and also improves shooting. Some shotguns may fit you well out of the box but most don’t. A good recoil pad also reduces felt recoil but can change the fit of your gun. So be aware of that if you change recoil butt pads.
I found out the importance of fit several years ago when I had several expensive shotguns. No matter how fine or expensive a gun was I was not shooting them up to par. I had an old mossberg 500 pump that I shot better than all my other expensive guns. I made incredible shots with that gun. A couple years later I met a guy who was a master at fitting shotguns to individuals. I took a couple guns to him and all needed work to fit to me except the Mossberg. It was about perfect fit, thus why I shot so well with it. I then had him custom fit the rest of my shotguns. The improvement in my shooting was fantastic. Although I’ve never had a problem with recoil, proper fit definitely reduces felt recoil.
So what ever shotgun you’re have be sure it has proper fit.

Right on, Kevin,

Hence, why Benelli shotguns comes with shims & spacers..... :blush:

They fixed this with the SBE3.. the bolt was redesigned to come into and stay in battery.
Good to know, bought one a couple months ago that's gone back to Benelli twice for other things. I had it happen a couple times with my SBE2 when the factory spring got real weak. Not sure how it can happen with the Wolff spring, I think it would take my finger off if I hit the button at the wrong time.

I was hopin to here about my remington.
Im so sick of hearing about benelli.
Its like a rash the more i scratch the worse it gets.
Buy American!!!

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
Mac,

I originally asked a simple question...Did you pick up or shoot a Benelli SBE?...You answered by saying yes and you didn't like it...It's your money and your choice...End of story...:blush:

The fact that Remington has filed for bankruptcy (again) doesn't mean squat...J/K, J/K. J/K.. :joy:

Mac,

I originally asked a simple question...Did you pick up or shoot a Benelli SBE?...You answered by saying yes and you didn't like it...It's your money and your choice...End of story...:blush:

The fact that Remington has filed for bankruptcy (again) doesn't mean squat...J/K, J/K. J/K.. :joy:
Lol.twist the knife.hehe

No twist...I'm sure your going to love your autoloader...Maybe we can share a blind together this fall.
Funny thing is Steve i hunted next to you a bunch..
I think if you hear my duck calling youll know.lol.
I was in the pond next to you guys when u had that big snow goose hunt with all that yaya in going on. And i actually got a stragler that day.lol.

Ill be honest when i saw you guys and all the vortexs and crap and thise geese couldnt resist.
I was like insperation to want ti do it.never hunted a field before.kinda apprehensive.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu