SoCal man mauled by lion

skip the first part watch the last part of the video
Jag takes down a caiman.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/10352674/Swimming-jaguar-filmed-ambushing-caiman-in-dramatic-video.html

it amazes me how powerful these cats are.

Whoa! And bold, too! I can't believe he swam away with it! You'd think he'd stay on solid ground till it was dead. Amazing.

Sent via Tapatalk

Talk about revenge.... Those caimen (crocs/gators) are usually the ones ambushing out of the water like that. Crazy.

I want to shoot one bad (Legit of course). Mabey AZ. Pezzy where should we go

Anyone had and personal success of one standing down to you and avoiding you all together? And what worked for you? I tell all my partners when I'm hunting or diving I will cut them then out run them 9 times out of 10 encounters.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
infidel said:
Anyone had and personal success of one standing down to you and avoiding you all together? And what worked for you? I tell all my partners when I'm hunting or diving I will cut them then out run them 9 times out of 10 encounters.

Josh and I called in a small female 75-90 pounds to 11 yards. She came in behind us looking past us at the call. One she figured out what was going on I want to say she got aggressive ish. (menacing looking) not happy at all. Then josh yelled and she left but ya to close

That had to be pretty exciting. So a dominate stance and war cry worked for you guys.

I just thought of this but a taser in self defense might be appreciated more than a face blast with a gun from 10yards. Unless you want to get intiment with it and put a blade into it that might make for some PTSD though.

Poor guy went in a memorable fashion. I want to go body surfing some shore break and a killer whale sliding up onto the beach grab me and throw me into the air and his partner rip out my liver and let me float ashore for friends and family.

infidel said:
That had to be pretty exciting. So a dominate stance and war cry worked for you guys.

Just a "hey get outa here" after some time of fumble dickin for a camera.

As for the dominate stance we were sitting down lol

longbowhunter2 said:
skip the first part watch the last part of the video
Jag takes down a caiman.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/10352674/Swimming-jaguar-filmed-ambushing-caiman-in-dramatic-video.html

it amazes me how powerful these cats are.

Video was up on the SCH Facebook page a few months ago www.facebook.com/SouthernCaliforniaHunting

Just Saying

infidel said:
Haha check.

Here's a thought. House cats hate water guns who wants to test this theory out on the top of the Southern California food chain? Just a big squirt to the face

Good idea, but who wants to lug around a fire hose?

With as many cats as you guys seem to see why aren't there more attacks?
Can't find an article I found on the number of nuisance cat permits given out. It said they issue and kill more than they would if they let hunters kill them.

In 25 plus years hunting locally I've only seen 2.

You

sluester said:
Can't find an article I found on the number of nuisance cat permits given out. It said they issue and kill more than they would if they let hunters kill them.

That's interesting. It's been a few years but about 10 years back agents killed 3 cats in a span of 4 years stalking children at a preschool/elementry right next to Steele canyon golf course on the edge of jamul. Thankfully no kids were hurt.

Someone mention earlier they are like sharks. It's the ones you don't see stalking you are the ones you might not walk away from.

sluester said:
With as many cats as you guys seem to see why aren't there more attacks?

In 25 plus years hunting locally I've only seen 2.

You

2 flashes and 1 at 47 yards pretty crazy story. Huge tom. 1 much much closer with
Josh. I call it 3 1/2 lions I've seen in my years in the field.

As for the lack of attacks. I don't think they're looking for us. If they were wed have big problems

If you want to see one cover yourself in doe pee and go hike around lake cuyamaca. Don't ask how I know but there is a huge Tom that lives very close to the lake. Moral of the story if a bottle of doe pee dumps in your hunt pack don't use it the next day for your fishing pack. When lions smell s!#€ running down your leg they tend to leave. WAY to close for comfort. We're talking waking up from a nap to a cats head buried in your pack mere 2 ft away.

Got news for you guys: "It's the ones you don't see stalking you are the ones you might not walk away from" is the truth.

If any of you spend anytime away from the roads you have been stalked or at least watched. Long tail are everywhere in this state.

I once had a conversation with a woman sitting in the booth at Caspers. She informed me that she "had been there for ten years and NEVER saw a mountain lion". So I entered the park knowing she was full of it. Sure enough, park and walk less than 50 yds from where I parked by the horse corral and there you are. Right across the creek from the horse corral is a 90-100 lb lion trying to figure out how to snack on those horses.

This was less than 200 yrds from where 'informed granny park ranger' was sitting.

Remember they are always around. They are deliberately hard to see. They aren't going to move until you are a snack.

TonyS said:
Got news for you guys: "It's the ones you don't see stalking you are the ones you might not walk away from" is the truth.

If any of you spend anytime away from the roads you have been stalked or at least watched. Long tail are everywhere in this state.

I once had a conversation with a woman sitting in the booth at Caspers. She informed me that she "had been there for ten years and NEVER saw a mountain lion". So I entered the park knowing she was full of it. Sure enough, park and walk less than 50 yds from where I parked by the horse corral and there you are. Right across the creek from the horse corral is a 90-100 lb lion trying to figure out how to snack on those horses.

This was less than 200 yrds from where 'informed granny park ranger' was sitting.

Remember they are always around. They are deliberately hard to see. They aren't going to move until you are a snack.

LOL

Walking thru woods last year, came upon mid sized lion crouching by a log. He was motionless until I was about 30 yards out coming towards him, did not even see him until he jumped up and sprinted away. GF was on other side of trail about 40 yards away. His arms and shoulders were really powerful, I would not want to be surprised by him flying airborn onto my back!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu