Well that didn't work

Jim

Dec 1, 2012
I was hoping to get an A22 tag this morning but no luck.
My thought was to get the D16 and get an A22 on Aug 2 when left overs went on sale.
I guess there's no left overs.
I'll get an AO tag now and keep my fingers crossed.

And I was told, I can't have another D-16 because I already have a D-16........So, it's an AO tag for me too.

Looks like the plan for next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

msteiger said:
ilovesprig said:
Update........Still 334 D-16's available and can be bought by anyone....... ;)
Anyone who doesn't already have one though, right?

Nope Matt..........Even if you already have a D-16 as well..........The machine sold one to me.

ilovesprig said:
msteiger said:
ilovesprig said:
Update........Still 334 D-16's available and can be bought by anyone....... ;)
Anyone who doesn't already have one though, right?

Nope Matt..........Even if you already have a D-16 as well..........The machine sold one to me.

Interesting. So the people said no but the machine said yes? This is only my third year and I find the tag/drawing process about as clear as mud. Sounds like it doesn't get much clearer with experience or possibly even if you work for DFG!?

Just got a call from a friend that has an A-22 and it said he could not buy a D-16 just now........Clear as mud is right!

I have an a 22 and cant seem to buy a d-16 online either, wonder if its a computer glitch. Might run down the hill and see if somebody with a machine can sell me one.

No... A22 is a premium hunt in zone d16, The hunt general season d16 is a restricted hunt but became a premium hunt because it sold out last year before August 1st which made it a premium. Next year a22 will still be a draw but d16 general season should in theory become an over the counter restricted tag again because it did not sell out by august 1st .

Clear as mud hahaha Stupid

Ilovesprig please correct me if I'm wrong I knows you know the the regs well

Ya, same thing for me too. A22 and AO so no D-16. However I'm always happy to help scout or haul meat out for any of my buddies who has a D16 tag. Hunting with glass is still fun, and climbing hills keeps me off the streets... 8)

stikbrandon said:
No... A22 is a premium hunt in zone d16, The hunt general season d16 is a restricted hunt but became a premium hunt because it sold out last year before August 1st which made it a premium. Next year a22 will still be a draw but d16 general season should in theory become an over the counter restricted tag again because it did not sell out by august 1st .

Ok....1st off A-22 was an restricted tag.....It sold out before August 2nd this year. Which I think means it will stay as a restricted tag and not a premium because it was not sold out before July 2nd........D-16 did not sell out before August 1. So it becomes a restricted tag. It takes 2 seasons to go back to otc and not selling out before Aug 1st.

What this means, I have no idea.....Restricted, premium what's the difference?.....They're both restricted in buying them......Anybody else get a D-16 today with already having a D-16?

Good gawd!............Give a beer............lol

ilovesprig said:
stikbrandon said:

Ok....1st off A-22 was an restricted tag.....It sold out before August 2nd this year. Which I think means it will stay as a restricted tag and not a premium because it was not sold out before July 2nd........D-16 did not sell out before August 1. So it becomes a restricted tag. It takes 2 seasons to go back to otc and not selling out before Aug 1st.

What this means, I have no idea.....Restricted, premium what's the difference?.....They're both restricted in buying them......Anybody else get a D-16 today with already having a D-16?

Good gawd!............Give a beer............lol
beer... good answer. lol

I got an A-22 in the draw and just bought my D-16 online...... Well, I hope I just did. We shall see in a few days if it shows or if they catch it.

I drew a d16 in June and was able to purchase a second D16 yesterday. NBK kept posting the number of tags left and stated that any tags not sold by Aug 2nd would be open to anyone. I went on the DFG site and was able to purchase. Am I expecting to get two big bucks this year? No way! I would hate to get lucky in September and have to sit on the sidelines in November though! We will see how it goes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu