Who stole it?!!!

josecasillas

If it flies it dies, if it hops it drops....
Apr 24, 2012
san diego
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I am PISSED! went to my stand this weekend, and it was GONE!! all i found was my lock on the ground. two weeks ago, a guy was sitting in it and i told em to leave and not sit it again. he didnt act like a prick , all he did was apologize and he left. BUT, he will confronted when i see him out there again, just in case it was him. i heard also, another buddy of mine had his stolen too! WTF!! eventually whoever is doing this will be seen, and I WILL GIVE THEM A PIECE OF MY MIND!!! If anybody here knows or hears something, please let me know! I am NOT messing around! This stand had an engraving on it, if it was a hunter, which i doubt it, and he hung it somehwere else, if i see it, im sitting it til he shows up, then ill take it back.

Good Day!

Damn...didn't get any pictures on a trail cam did you???
Maybe check with others guys that hunt around there and see if they have any pictures.

Sorry Jose that sucks.
People that lose these stands are always posting online for other hunters to be on the lookout for them and they never show up. If they were being taken by hunters you would think somebody would end up finding one. If somebody was taking them to try and sell for money they would show up on craigslist, but they don't. I think the Tree huggers are taking them and throwing them away.

Really sorry to hear this Jose; this is the 3rd one I've heard of over the last week. I was going to set a ground blind up on public land but after hearing these stories I may just pass.

like i said on the other post about this...

You are leaving private property on public land and that exposes you to all kinds of risk from the anti crowd and some NF employees. It sucks big time but you have to out think them. Cheap home made stands and if they get ripped oh well. Break out the welder and build another.

Found this on CL

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/4082745926.html

I hate to say it guys but if you hang your stand on public ground you can't expect people not to sit in it. If you leave it on public ground it is public property. I would sit in it. And I don't think another hunter would cut it down. Just my opinion.

JoseC. said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I am PISSED! went to my stand this weekend, and it was GONE!! all i found was my lock on the ground. two weeks ago, a guy was sitting in it and i told em to leave and not sit it again. he didnt act like a knucklehead , all he did was apologize and he left. BUT, he will confronted when i see him out there again, just in case it was him. i heard also, another buddy of mine had his stolen too! WTF!! eventually whoever is doing this will be seen, and I WILL GIVE THEM A PIECE OF MY MIND!!! If anybody here knows or hears something, please let me know! I am NOT messing around! This stand had an engraving on it, if it was a hunter, which i doubt it, and he hung it somehwere else, if i see it, im sitting it til he shows up, then ill take it back.

Good Day!

Just to let you know. This is the best post I've ever seen from you. :D
This whole time all we had to do was piss you off to get more than a smiley or two words out of you. I may have to start grinding on you.

The idiot who took your stand knew it didn't belong to them and they took it anyway and it doesn't matter that the stand was public land. If you find the person I hope they trip and fall hurting THEMSELVES really bad around the face area ;)

That sucks man..
I feel bad for you guys, where I hunt, I see max of 6-7 people the entire season. And most of us know each other.. I would hate setting out a blind, trail cam etc... And having to worry about it being stolen...
But like other said putting it on public land is the risk you are taking.. It's too bad really..

Lungpopper said:
JoseC. said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I am PISSED! went to my stand this weekend, and it was GONE!! all i found was my lock on the ground. two weeks ago, a guy was sitting in it and i told em to leave and not sit it again. he didnt act like a knucklehead , all he did was apologize and he left. BUT, he will confronted when i see him out there again, just in case it was him. i heard also, another buddy of mine had his stolen too! WTF!! eventually whoever is doing this will be seen, and I WILL GIVE THEM A PIECE OF MY MIND!!! If anybody here knows or hears something, please let me know! I am NOT messing around! This stand had an engraving on it, if it was a hunter, which i doubt it, and he hung it somehwere else, if i see it, im sitting it til he shows up, then ill take it back.

Good Day!

Just to let you know. This is the best post I've ever seen from you. :D
This whole time all we had to do was piss you off to get more than a smiley or two words out of you. I may have to start grinding on you.
LOL

SoCalRebelHunter said:
Bummer dude. That sucks for sure. Next time invest in a cable lock. Much harder to cut off. Strands and strands of cable.
it was a cable lock, they tried to cut it many different places, finally they got the soft spot i guess

gteam said:
The idiot who took your stand knew it didn't belong to them and they took it anyway and it doesn't matter that the stand was public land. If you find the person I hope they trip and fall hurting THEMSELVES really bad around the face area ;)
they sure will. i work my butt off to buy it, and then work hard to set it up in a good spot, and some idiot decides to take it! :mad: :mad:

That sucks. Its the risk we take when we leave hundreds of dollars in the field like that. I hate thieves more then pretty much anything!

On a side note, when I was carrying my stand and ladder in I had a forest cop stop me and told me that they don't want stands left out and if they find them they will take them. He didn't say much more then that about it and I kept walking in.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu