Who stole it?!!!

LOL, whoever is doing this, is messed up. oh well i guess, i wont be hanging another pstand in public land though

good day

gteam said:
The idiot who took your stand knew it didn't belong to them and they took it anyway and it doesn't matter that the stand was public land. If you find the person I hope they trip and fall hurting THEMSELVES really bad around the face area ;)

I really like where your head is at. I posted something similar on Jesse's forum and i got yelled at for being violent. Thats how its done where I come from. Thieves get beaten. Justifiably.

I'll say like I said on the other stolen stand thread....

I had a camera stolen there (not wooded hill but still rec area) this summer just before season. I have a ladder stand there now, which after reading this i'm quite worried about. Plan on going down this week.

I'll probably change it out with a hang on and pack the sticks in and out. make it hard on them at least.

If anyone knows anyone who came recently acquired and bought a used Primos truthcam 35 with a steel box, please let me know. We all need to watch each other's backs when it comes to stuff like this. the only person who will look out for a decent ethical hunter re other decent ethical hunters.

I'll keep an eye on craigslist and whatnot locally.

Not too long ago a ranger and several of the "anti" were taking them down and dumping them in the dumpster behind the Laguna Mt store. I don't think anything came of it but I think some one had a few different photos of hikers and a specific female ranger walking out of the woods with tree stands. I want to say this was like 2003 and I think the Forest Service ended up removing the ranger and assigning her some where else. Not sure if this is whats happening but I know it was really bad back in the day with vandalized cars, stolen gear, and the ranger and hikers intentionally walking under hunters and blowing air horns.

Matagi said:
Not too long ago a ranger and several of the "anti" were taking them down and dumping them in the dumpster behind the Laguna Mt store. I don't think anything came of it but I think some one had a few different photos of hikers and a specific female ranger walking out of the woods with tree stands. I want to say this was like 2003 and I think the Forest Service ended up removing the ranger and assigning her some where else. Not sure if this is whats happening but I know it was really bad back in the day with vandalized cars, stolen gear, and the ranger and hikers intentionally walking under hunters and blowing air horns.

Treehuggers !

I would never ever sit in a stand that i didn't setup, could you imagine falling.... there are some real f-tards out there.

Bowhunter_619 said:
Really sorry to hear this Jose; this is the 3rd one I've heard of over the last week. I was going to set a ground blind up on public land but after hearing these stories I may just

Maybe we should set our tree stands and then build a ground blind and see what comes by

sherpa said:
Bowhunter_619 said:
Really sorry to hear this Jose; this is the 3rd one I've heard of over the last week. I was going to set a ground blind up on public land but after hearing these stories I may just

Maybe we should set our tree stands and then build a ground blind and see what comes by
LOL good idea

For those of you hunting near roads or hiking trails, I would set-up a trail-cam just for surveillance purposes. It would be nice to know who is doing this! The "it hasn't happened to me" will soon change because this is happening allot up there these days.

Mergrath said:
For those of you hunting near roads or hiking trails, I would set-up a trail-cam just for surveillance purposes. It would be nice to know who is doing this! The "it hasn't happened to me" will soon change because this is happening allot up there these days.

Exactly. We gotta help each other out.

I found an old 2 person ladder stand laid over yesterday up there along with what looked like a couple pieces of strap on ladders. I took pics i just gotta figure out how to post them here. Just in case anyone is missing them.

I met a guy named Woody up there last night and he ad his cam and sweet stand taken a couple weeks ago. The piece of crap thief even left a note!

Lungpopper said:
Dwikkles said:
How the hell do i post pictures on here guys?

Reply,
Additional options,
Browse
and attach your photo.

Thanks brother. This is what I found.

Attachments

• 20131010_153542 (Small).jpg
    20131010_153542 (Small).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 20131010_153603 (Small).jpg
    20131010_153603 (Small).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 159
wheels said:
My stuff was stolen up by kitchen creek road in the rec area. It was close to the road and trails. I would like to know what the note said

The note said "heres your lock back asshole" and his broken lock was laying there

I also had pics of this guy doing something (maybe saving coordinates?) on his phone and 2 hours later there were pics of just a hand tampering with the camera moving it around. Can't say 100% it was him obviously.

Attachments

• truthcam_dude 1 crop (Medium).jpg
    truthcam_dude 1 crop (Medium).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 167
  • truthcam_dude 2 crop (Medium).jpg
    truthcam_dude 2 crop (Medium).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 165
Geeeeez... that's crazy guys... Whether it be tree huggers, wanna-be guides (like the guy pictured w/ the GPS unit), or hunters too cheap to buy their own... this would p!$$ me off to no end. It would be difficult for me to restrain myself to say the least. Good luck to you out there and I really hope the people are found and they pay the price.

I couldn't imagine that it's the forestry service since there's trash being left behind. I'm pretty convinced that it's our friends protecting "their majestic creatures". This has been happening so much lately that I'm a bit surprised that no one has caught them in the act yet. Makes me think it's a mid week deal.

Mergrath said:
I couldn't imagine that it's the forestry service since there's trash being left behind. I'm pretty convinced that it's our friends protecting "their majestic creatures". This has been happening so much lately that I'm a bit surprised that no one has caught them in the act yet. Makes me think it's a mid week deal.

I hunt there mid-week mostly. I'll be keeping an eye out as I hope everyone will.

Jose, i'm right there with you brotha. If i see anyone tampering with something that doesnt look like theirs, whether its mine or not, it's ass whippin time.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu