00 Day until Duck Season!

Re: 10 Days until Duck Season!

Hi Nick,

For the most part, I am a hardcore hunter. The birds on the tailgate are Sandhill Cranes. They were an ancillary bonus hunt in an area we hunt for deer. Shot Sandhills for 3 days then on to the deer hunt.

Re: 09 Days until Duck Season!

09 days left...won't be long now!

Re: 09 Days until Duck Season!

Cool looking birds. You can eat those?

I love to hunt but there are some things I love to hunt more than others. I usually only hunt the various bird "openers" then pull out the bow and spend more time with that.

Re: 08 Days until Duck Season!

09 Days left.

The Sandhill cranes are delicious. The nickname for them is "Flying T-Bones".

Re: 06 Days until Duck Season!

Wow - less than a week to go (6 days)...

Re: 05 Days until Duck Season!

A little bit. It has been a few years. Last year I hunted off of the sea and had some good hunts I like hunting the river more. Mostly the AZ side. From Yuma up past Havasu.

Years past I spent countless days at Otay and Henshaw. I would say I have had some of my most memorable hunts at those two lakes for sure.

Re: 04 Days until Duck Season!

4 days left...

Attachments

• tuesd.JPG
    tuesd.JPG
    915.8 KB · Views: 16
Re: 04 Days until Duck Season!

not to get everyone excited but.......

In 30 years of duck hunting i have never seen the cotton tops down this early. I was dove hunting this weekend and the burnt wheat field i wanted to shoot was over run with them :)

ps i used my 3 duck mojos to hunt dove with and guess what THEY WORK! the dove home in on them but do not land like they would with the dove mojos. End result is the same :) dead birds

Re: 03 Days until Duck Season!

3 days left

One morning of hunting - Snake Charmer and I in Bahia Blanca, Argentina (212 geese)

Attachments

• 212 Argentina.jpg
    212 Argentina.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 16
Re: 02 Days until Duck Season!

2 days and counting!

Attachments

• P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 35
Re: 03 Days until Duck Season!

NBK said:
3 days left

One morning of hunting - Snake Charmer and I in Bahia Blanca, Argentina (212 geese)

You've been around the block John. That Argentina hunt looks like fun!

Re: 01 Day until Duck Season!

A little over a day to go!

Attachments

• o8.JPG
    o8.JPG
    730.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    927.7 KB · Views: 14
Good luck to all those who will be enjoying the 2012 opening day waterfowl season sunrise!

Attachments

• AZrise.JPG_thumb.png
    AZrise.JPG_thumb.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 32

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu