1/29 last hunt weekend report

calreef18

Nov 27, 2021
Hi all, went out yesterday and ended my first season of waterfowl hunting with an unexpected surprise! The duck shooting was slow for me but had a few flocks of these guys I was able to get to come down and party. Memorable day for sure, probably won’t ever happen again, but one can hope! Special thanks to all the nice folks on this forum for all the tips and advice. Until next season!AFCA1324-6850-415D-ACF6-949D6AC5E600.jpeg00496635-F8E2-43F9-BD3D-41F1CF95B586.jpegE162D83B-E0ED-4596-ABE4-2C5C787CDDC3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That ruddy is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps...Congrats on that gaggle of geese taken................................. :clap:

Great questions! I’d say a little of being on the “X” and pure dumb luck. Last week I had recently ordered a couple goose calls “just in case” I ever see them out passing by. I was inspired after going on a NorCal field goose hunt earlier in January that I wanted to be “prepared” should the opportunity present itself.

Having just been on a goose hunt, I recognized the birds and their distinct calls. Several fly highing groups passed over my mixed puddle/diver spread in the pond/blind I was on, but a few groups showed interest in the area. I called, and lo and behold, they start turning and circling! Talk about excitement. Then I just had to be patient and remember how much larger goose look in the sky compared to ducks and wait until they seemed overly close.

As they say the rest is history! Several groups throughout the day I was able to get to react and come in.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu