1.5 day trip

Living through you... one trip at a time. Good luck. Ed F

Because of the cost to operate these days. $250 for 1-1/2 day trip is very reasonable..
Gundog I am envious. I love the ocean. Out at the water is where it's at
What's starting to run out there?

Good luck miss going out to sea can’t wait to see your report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss the days when the captains used to shoot them. Too many now and and they are depleting the stocks. The protection act does not allow for a balance and is bad science. Used to be the captain would conk one and the rest would leave.

Reactions: WaterDawg
Morning guys, Just got home from 1.5 day trip on the Fortune. We did pretty good considering the number of sea lions and I mean big ones. We spent the better part of the first morning trying to find the massive school OF BFT, by some reports it's 15 x 2 miles. They said it's visual thing, meaning we needed to spot then try to get in close. well the problem was visibility was at best 1/2 mile, fog was heavy. When the skipper headed for the island it was near 10:30. . By the end the day they had taken 18, we, twenty-two. These were some huge sea lions, they were cutting 25 lbs. fish clear off just behind gill plate on bite I lost two and got two. Biggest was 20+, the other 10+.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Great effort! Hate those fur bags. We watched one swallow an 18” halibut whole when we were out the other day.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu