1 day AZ Buck

Shake N Bake

Nov 4, 2012
I leave my house at 1:30 am yesterday planning on a 3 day solo hunt. I get to my spot around 5:40 am. after a quick 1/2 mile sprint I sit down in a spot where I have seen deer cross in the past. At first light i hear some noise. 12 deer standing 71 yards away from me with this buck chasing does all over. A quick range to confirm yardage again and he gets smoked by my meat missle! After I quarterd him and packed him out, I Was back in Cali by 3 PM! Not a monster but he will do!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-23-08-38-58.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-23-08-38-58.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_2015-01-23-08-44-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-23-08-44-12.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 66
Awesome buck! congrats. and with a bow 71 yard shot that is rad

That's a fine buck. Congrats on your success. You had to be ready mentally after your run in; that's where all your experience shows. My best opportunity this year was the first buck I saw, at first light on opening day. I wasn't ready, and I missed my chance. Lesson learned.

Ya buddy that's the way to do it if you don't have all week, i'm jealous. Nice work next year im in.. ;)
You and those long shots getting it done.

71yds is a monster shot. Nice shot. Congrats. I didn't realize AZ hunting was that close. I have to look into this some more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu