1 jake down on sunday

ppbets

Nov 12, 2012
Nice morning in the woods in different spot... I start the morning with a big Gobbler 100 yds away with 3 hens. I call agressive and have some answers , but at 7 he leaves with hens. So I was a lone for 20 min so I call with the slate and I have 3 answers.... 3 jakes coming fron the right with a hen 100 yds away, later another 2 big toms 150 yds away answer too. I keep caling and nothing they were quiet for 1 hr...so me too .

8 jakes gobble to locate my call...so I move 30 yds to the right to be more natural like a hen feeding and moving. I call 4 soft yelps and they answer...I keep there and 20 min later they enter on my fire line range at 30 yds...they were feeding for 15 min in the place I'm waiting for the 2 big toms to come, but never looks these guys. so first jake leaves the place , 1 min later second jake leaves the place...so when the third is going to leave the place. I decide to shoot a jake the final day. I never shoot jakes, but final day is the final day. so when he was at 50 yds booooommmmm....He's down...so when I stand up and go to take it, damn if the 2 Big toms weren't 50 yds from me behind a brush. They came straight to me with a hen. Sure was frustrating not taking the big one, but I think was a nice final season....And 1 Ratlesnake down too.

.IMG_9673.JPG IMG_9667.JPG IMG_9664.JPG IMG_9681.JPG IMG_9660.JPG IMG_9661.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
ppb,

Nice going and a great way to end the season....Very nice jake and always good whacking a Southern Pacific.

Thanks for sharing your hunt.

I have a friend that loves snake taste , I never tried before so is a spring present for him !!

Congrats I could not get it done guess I am buying a butterball!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again I'll stand on my soapbox, I am no lover of rattlesnakes by any means but we need to understand that we are the aliens in this environment, rattlesnakes are natural fauna if they do not present a threat to you leave them alone. All you are doing is upsetting the balance and helping the rodents increase their population and foot hold while they eat the turkey eggs that you desire to turn into tom's that you can hunt, Enough said...

That job will do it regular snakes, king snakes and other species , eagles , falcons , fox, coyotes etc.
we dont have rattlesnakes on spain and we dont have any problem with rodents.
But nor worry I kill it because friend loves how taste so , is a present for a good friend .

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu