$13,000.00 DOLLAR DEER!

Ghosthunter

Jan 6, 2011
San Diego
Here is a buck that a hunter got in Wisconsin . He sent these pictures to a bunch of people to see what he could get and the owner of Cabela's paid him $13,000 for the head and hide. A calico buck, like the one below, is rarer then an albino.

Attachments

• image00222.jpg
    image00222.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 133
Interesting buck: I have hunting friends in Wisconsin and often get copied on pictures of those weird deer.

In California you can’t sell any part of an animal taken with a sportsman’s license. I guess you can in WI.

When I was young I seen a friend of my dads shoot a pinto north of Palomar Mnt. I would like to know
more about this buck and see if this deer was free range, That is one big whitetail and if it was out there someone or everyone must of been after this buck. I would also have that deer on my wall than $13,000.00, make it $50,000.00 and you can have it.

Re: $13,000.00 DOLLAR DEER! Calico Deer

Years ago while rifle hunting on Camp Pendleton, I jumped a forked horn buck that was covered wirh small white blotches all over his body. Got a couple of snap shots, but missed. Really dissappointing!! A few years later bow hunting the back side of Palomar Mt.,I spent 2 hours stalking two doesk. The smallest one had large white blotches. I called her the "pinto" deer. Long story short, I ended up arrowing the larger "doe" that turned out to be a button buck!! Just to let you know there might be one of those "Calico's" right here in our own back yard.

Re: $13,000.00 DOLLAR DEER! Calico Deer

broknbow said:
Years ago while rifle hunting on Camp Pendleton, I jumped a forked horn buck that was covered wirh small white blotches all over his body. Got a couple of snap shots, but missed. Really dissappointing!! A few years later bow hunting the back side of Palomar Mt.,I spent 2 hours stalking two doesk. The smallest one had large white blotches. I called her the "pinto" deer. Long story short, I ended up arrowing the larger "doe" that turned out to be a button buck!! Just to let you know there might be one of those "Calico's" right here in our own back yard.

That's cool. I didn't know they had them around here, and in mule deer.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu