1964 Salton Sea MAP

I remember when we actually used paper maps. Born in 1964. Cool map!!

I still carry paper maps when I go out, in addition to OnX for property boundaries. I find that good USGS maps a lot easier to read for local topography and landmarks, and no cell service or battery power is needed (imagine that!). But getting decent USGS topo maps these days is dicey. I have learned from experience not to buy “print on demand” maps from USGS because the new printers aren’t good enough quality. Only the old precision printers are capable of providing the detail I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember as a kid going fishing there for corvina or corbina . late 60's the water was pristine.
all the little shops a round the lake . every one would take their F N power yachts there. now it's ghost town.. problem with it now some body got the idea of diverting the new river into it.. beginning of the end.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu