1st Archery Deer

TopBuck said:
Any animal with a bow is a trophy in my book

I completely concure. You killed a deer with a bow and arrow and don't ever forget that. Nothing against rifle hunting at all but to do it with a bow is something else....

YUP! :eek: :eek: :eek: To me, its the same feeling, bow or rifle. With archery u dont get to see them drop in their tracks at long distance, and with rifle its rare when u get to see them right on dead close to you. Theyre both great! I love it! :)

NBK said:
To each his/her own. Reserving my comment... :eek:

You can comment. I wasn't looking to start a pissing contest in any way shape or form. I respect all types of hunt as long as its legal. My next project is tweeking my Rem. 700 .223 so I can shoot long distance dogs. I just like to put arrows through things. Josec is right though, they usually run off and you need to track them.

One of my most memorable hunts was in Cheyenne, WY when I laid my buddies Winchester model 70 featherweight .270 over the hood of his truck and dumped an antelope at 175 yards. The thing experienced the full impact of gravity when that round hit him!

Great looking deer! Congratulations!
Those guys at Anza build some nice knives, don't they? A friend of mine has one of their medium sized knives and I've got serious knife envy.

Shootin Nuke said:
Great looking deer! Congratulations!
Those guys at Anza build some nice knives, don't they? A friend of mine has one of their medium sized knives and I've got serious knife envy.
Yah that old boy over there makes some awesome knives. He'll make whatever you want and you can't beat the price. I'm still surprised I was able to go start to finish on that deer down to bare bones without sharpening.

Leavin home on Nov.3, gonna stop at a few spots on the way over, hunting the 5-9. I'll be up for 2 doe's and 1 buck.
Doing a "management hunt" on a second uncles brother in laws next door neighbors friends kids lease.www.lostwatercreekhuntclub.com
My bro in law and I are in the first picture down, in the middle, with our management bucks from 3 years ago.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu