2.7 South County Surf Fishing

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
For me to draw a weekend day off has about the same odds as drawing San J. Was torn weather to head out to the desert for coyote or hit the coast. Always tinkering with different wire rigs and think I finally have a winner. Hit the beach around 4:30, was still crowded with tourists until the sun went down but was able to get set up in the daylight and they were long gone by the time I had my lines in the water. Right about the time the last hold outs left and we had the beach to ourselves we started getting a little action. The bat ray was starting to develop some shoulders, put up the best fight for the night and actually was pulling some drag.

Still wondering how the Leo was able to get himself on a 8/0 hook.....

IMG_3755.png

IMG_3756.png

IMG_3758.png

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu