2 down

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
Today josh got his first turkey. Rad story I also dropped one. Josh makes the 7th person that I've called a turkey in for their first and the 3rd that's bigger than any I've killed. Thanks to the coyotes bud

I shot mine at 6:25 josh got his at 8:00

I even use a little trick I read off of this very website thanks Matagi

Josh do real story I'm too tired

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • sd2.png
    sd2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 148
  • sd3.png
    sd3.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 147
Hey Steeltown. Look at that top pic. Yep that's a charger beanie under that camo

C'mon maw! The only time I'll wear chargers gear is if I'm hunting with you and all phones and cameras are not brought along. No evidence. If I start pulling game down, maybe I'll wear a beanie under my hat! Nice bag brotha. Healthy bird!

I'm a relatively new hunter and I can honestly say that turkey is the most difficult animal I have hunted to date. I tried 5 or 6 times to get one last season with Johnny and about the same amount of times on my own to no avail. Today was my 5th attempt this season and we finally connected. We were somewhat familiar with the area and setup close to the roost before dawn. A group of 7 birds flew down and they headed away from us and didn't appear to be interested in Johnny's calling. We quickly decided to run and gun a particular tom in the group and belly crawled 75 yards closer. At this point they moved out of view and we hoofed it another 100 yards to the bush we saw them disappear behind. Johnny went left and I went right and as I came around the bush Johnny's 12ga barked.The tom dropped and flopped and the first bird was down at 6:25am. A couple high fives later and we were headed down the road in hopes of catching up with the rest of the birds we had just scattered. We ended up locating another group of birds about 750 yards away and decided to close the distance on them as well. On the way to this distant group we ran into yet another group and immediately dropped down and began to call. They responded to Johnny's calls but hung up about 150 yards away. Johnny decided to back away from me while he continued calling to try to entice the big gobbler in the group to come closer. It worked perfectly and they came in fast and I was forced to reposition myself while losing sight of every bird in the group. At this point I knew it was now or never so I popped up, got busted and had to shoot the big tom on the run at about 45 yards. I shot him at 8:00am and by 9:00am we were back to the truck. Both birds were just shy of 17 pounds. All of the scouting, failures, emotional high and lows...... It had all been worth it!

Awesome story! I'm trying for my second time ever Saturday morning. Praying for good luck

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Lungpopper said:
Congrats guys.
That's the first time I've ever heard Johnny say he's tired. Frickin kids a machine.

I went over bored to get this one done

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu