2012 turkey season

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
Well the 2012 season is fast approaching. Since its been a little slow in here I figure I start off on the turkey stuff. Next Sunday I will be out with a junior hunter for the Santa Ysabel draw hunt as a mentor. There has been some issue with the hunt such as Mr. Pease filing suit to stop the hunt. The case will be heard tomorrow and it's expected to rule in favor of the anti's.

What's every one else's plans?

Do you have a back up plan for your youth hunter in the event that it does get closed. This weekend I will finally have a day off to go out been over a month since I have been out.

Both of my goto spots are holding big head counts,they are still totaly grouped up,but the toms are now right in the middle of it all strutting and drumming.I will be out this sat and sun with my boys,one will try for his first archery tom.Should be cool.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu