2012 Utah hunting trip done "Family Style"

Re: Utah hunting trip done "Family Style"

Congratz! Great job and great pics! Thanks for sharing

That's great stuff, your lucky to have the whole fam damily willing to get down and dirty. Utah is bomb!
Thanks for posting

was that public land u were hunting in utah? which unit was it?

Ya' and can I have the GPS coordinates please! ;D

josec said:

Josec just learned the art of the PM and was rewarded. Good luck man.

Lungpopper said:
BuckHunter said:
josec said:

Josec just learned the art of the PM and was rewarded. Good luck man.

I feel a little cheated now :D :D :D

From the looks of your Avitar I want to follow you. ;D

Those are some awsome pictures. I hope to get drawn for archery in Utah next year. I get to start applying for LE Elk again so I may try for archery on that too. I've hunted Utah alot since 2001. Rifle deer 3 times, LE Elk back in 08 and cow elk 6 times. Nothing this year though. My wife and kids went with me last year for deer that I only had opening day to hunt and come home Sunday. Small buck but I got it done. Love it out there.

That is awesome OC. Tell us about some of your elk hunting experiences. I LIKE ELK HUNTING! And nothing tastes better than a young cow elk!!!

NBK said:
That is awesome OC. Tell us about some of your elk hunting experiences. I LIKE ELK HUNTING! And nothing tastes better than a young cow elk!!!
Thats quite the elk you have in your picture. What would it score? What state? Elk is great tasting but the gas after is horrible.
The best hunt of my life was getting drawn for LE Elk back in 08. I wasn't drawn but got a call from F&G in Utah the day I was to pick my wife and newborn up from the hospital(I was trying to get things together before I brought them home) telling me that someone had forfeited their tag and wanted to know if I was still interested. My wife gave me the go ahead so I was off to Utah with my brother two months later to chase bulls during the rut, what an awesome experience.
100_0178.jpg

We've hunted the late season cow hunt many times. Usually in November and have had comfortable dry weather to blizzards. This was our camp in 09 which was the last time I applied. We limited out with 4 elk less then 10mins into the hunt because we were willing to take the quads/rhino out and deal with the -10* cold opening morning.
2009UtahCowHunt005.gif

I can write a story all night on the computer but I do not want to take away from BuckHunter's thread.

Yep...don't want to hijack the thread. Jim's post was excellent. Buckhunter - my bad!

I love elk hunting and you have peaked my interest. Hell of a bull OC. You are a certified killer!

Looks like you guys had a blast! Can't wait for the day my kids are tracking animals for me!

No worry's there OC. Thats one hell of a Bull you got. What did he score? Did you mount it?

Morgan has been bugging me for a deer rack in her room like her brother has so she got the forky she helped me blood trail in Utah. It doesn't match with the decor of her room but she doesn't care.

Attachments

• 20121021_201801.jpg
    20121021_201801.jpg
    976.6 KB · Views: 10
How time flies........... Here we are again. We leave for Utah on Wednesday................. Should be another killer trip.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu