2013 Utah buck hunt !!!!!!!!!!

Awesome trip man!!! It's great you do it with the family. Sorry to hear about your toes and lost deer but you guys still did well with all the deer. Were you hunting the area that has been opened to OTC elk? Heard there was a lot of good bulls taken.

Cool story thanks for sharing! Sounds like a lot of filled tags thats awesome. Thats a nice 3x3 and a bumer about the lost buck. I couldn't imagine what thats like. I'm still new have only have shot a doe with my bow and din't loose her. I would be sick too to loose a buck. Well it sounds weird to say but I bet you'll shoot something bigger in San Diego. Your season isn't over!

MJB said:
No elk tag?

Looks like a great time!

I feel your pain on the lost buck.......my last one was a doe in Laguna the next year I had a blood trailing dog and have never lost one yet shes helped many hunters turn a frown up side down!
No bull elk tag......... But I have 8 points.

That sucks Jim obviously the word got out. I bet he went on the ranch and never left. I'm curious to see if one of those stands is mine and somebuddy thought it should be somewhere else. Did you guys harvest anything out of there.more info please I'm leaving Tuesday but have to do a roof in moab for a buddy who got hurt.between that and the guys big bull hunt I'm only getting 4 days to hunt. Were they bugling yet or cowing up. Glad you guys had a successful trip and getting the whole experience with the kids is priceless. The monster may not be dead but in the end the archer prevails.

wackum stackum mackum said:
That sucks Jim obviously the word got out. I bet he went on the ranch and never left. I'm curious to see if one of those stands is mine and somebuddy thought it should be somewhere else. Did you guys harvest anything out of there.more info please I'm leaving Tuesday but have to do a roof in moab for a buddy who got hurt.between that and the guys big bull hunt I'm only getting 4 days to hunt. Were they bugling yet or cowing up. Glad you guys had a successful trip and getting the whole experience with the kids is priceless. The monster may not be dead but in the end the archer prevails.

I'll call you to give you the info on the elk I saw.

How was the weather? I've been watching Beaver weather report the last few weeks and looks like they have had lots of thunder showers.

OCOutdoors said:
How was the weather? I've been watching Beaver weather report the last few weeks and looks like they have had lots of thunder showers.

It rained a little bit everyday. My friends are still there for elk and they said it really started coming down after we left. The thunder storms were the worst I have every been in. The lightning was only 500 yards away at times, and the adults were more concerned than the kids.

The coolest lightning storm I've ever seen was driving at night around Hatch in August. It was pitch black until the lightning struck and lit up the mountains. Awesome!!!
Your friends have LE elk tags?

OCOutdoors said:
The coolest lightning storm I've ever seen was driving at night around Hatch in August. It was pitch black until the lightning struck and lit up the mountains. Awesome!!!
Your friends have LE elk tags?

No just a cow/ spike tag.

My fiends just sent me some of their pictures from last week.

Attachments

• ewatv3X3.jpg
    ewatv3X3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 101
  • EW's 3by3.JPG
    EW's 3by3.JPG
    628.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Jake1st hunt.jpg
    Jake1st hunt.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 109
  • MarynEW2013.jpg
    MarynEW2013.jpg
    728 KB · Views: 17
oneazbowhunter said:
That's cool looks like you guys made a lot of memories!!

I deserved a hug and a punch in the mouth for this year.

Last night I had a dream that I found the rack a year later. Guess I still haven't given up.

I am hoping to get out to Utah next year with my bow, I put in this year with my cousin. He was saying next year we should get the tag. This made me excited lol ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu