2014 Predator Comp/Obits by "Handgun"

Re: 2014 Predator "Handgun"

Strong work Handgun. Nice job!

Great to see all your hard work paying off. Congrats on the kill.

Sent via Tapatalk

50 yards! Awesome... nice shot placement. How many stands / how long till it popped out?

First stand, sunrise, 15 seconds, maybe less.

The rifle is a Savage Edge (now Axis). $300 for rifle and scope, best bang for the buck out there IMO. It'll shoot an inch@100yd, and it's killed a lot of squirrels rabbits, and couple coyotes. It's a bushnell scope, tried a little more expensive one with more magnification and mildots and went back to the bushy, wasn't clear enough but the bushnell has pretty bad parallax when you get out a couple hundred.

Here's the two pups I got a while back. I stumbled on them running through brush while scouting and got them offhand when they hit an opening about 50yds away. I didn't realize they were pups looking through the 3x magnification of the scope. Not very sporting to shoot pups, kinda regret it, but I guess there will be two less to grow up and kill sheep and pets.

The one in the back got what I think is called "zippered". Entry in chest, bullet curved and exited low, pretty gory. :-/

41E9E2CB-FBD5-4219-9FD4-60070E843601_zpsjv1matvl.jpg

awesome kills ... a good yote is a dead yote ;D

Caught this mature female skulking by looking for some mouth call pups in distress about 5 or 10 min into the stand, approx 125yd head shot. Hunting rough terrain is different, they seem much smaller and more places to hide/travel unseen.

21112C13-D4D1-4D6A-B314-8BE800C63083_zpsabrhk6nf.jpg

David,

Get your licks in now.......At the fish & wildlife meeting today. It was suggested that coyotes should have tags and fees.......The suggestion actually came from one of the commissioners (Jack Baylis)........He said he didn't like seeing "slaughtered piles of coyotes".......Un-frigging-believable!

This whole issue is about hunting contests for predators.......Our organizations spoke saying this is a slippery slope......Bass fishing contests, marlin derbys, big buck contests, etc. could then be next, when this passes......It was shelved to the next meeting and of course, HSUS and the other suspects were all for the ban.

One of the guys I'm hunting for had a professional depredation guy come out a couple years ago and got 11 or 12 in one place in two nights. I don't think the coyotes are having any trouble keeping up. Super adaptable little omnivores. Our "invasion of their habitat" increases their numbers, sometimes exponentially, so they need to be managed.

Yessir ;D Get off work, go shoot yote, go home, eat dinner, sleep, repeat.

Desert yotes are scraggly but apparently less pressured and come to the call.

Saved some fawns tonight I reckon.

Think I got me a huntin' pard too

Re: 2014 Predator Comp/Obits by "Handgun"

Handgun, you are a machine

Lungpopper said:
Nice job, Good to see you in the pic. ;)
Good point. Hey Dave:
Hypoallergenic dog or micro pore camo?

Sorry. I recall your dog allergies and the fact that you don't often include yourself in your pics.... Apparently no allergic reaction to this dog.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu