2015 Waterfowl Survey

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Lookin' good boys.........Especially gadwalls & green-wingers for us westcoasters........ 8)

.http://flyways.us/content/2015-trends-breeding-duck-populations-report-now-available

ps......Pintail IMO will never come back to their historical high numbers of the 70's (7 million+). If you've been to Canada, you will see how farming practices have changed.....Huge farms now and draining of potholes......Their favorite nesting habitat......With that said, there's still over 3 million with the majority on the west coast.....Absolutely, no reason not to have the limit at least 3 (should be 7)..... ;)

The Guys along the Mississippi Flyway could make the same argument about CanvasBack needing the limit raised. If they raised the Pintail here in California those numbers would be down in 3 years. It only took one year to drop the Scaup numbers down and for them to change them again. Would be way too easy for California Hunters and Texas Hunters to bring in 7 Pins on an almost Daily Basis.

Andy,

It's been proven time and again that hunters have almost no influence on overall duck numbers......Canvasbacks & redheads have been restricted (0-2) for all the years I've hunted and they still are at the same basic number.......It's all about where and when they nest (& weather of course).......Oh and by the way, you're allowed 20 pintail, redheads, or canvasbacks a day in Mexico.

If I had my way we would be allowed 5 ducks......Any species during the regulated season (100 days).

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu